Bug #12: TOSS LG + ENABLED DISRUPTER PU CAUSE SERVER CRASH!!

Once you get done creating a Ticket, please create a thread in here with the "Bug #" as the topic name. When creating the thread please select "Notify me when a reply is posted".

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Bug #12: TOSS LG + ENABLED DISRUPTER PU CAUSE SERVER CRASH!!

Post by Amy Infless » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:04 pm

Category: Weapon+Powerup
Patch Version: 180
Priority: ULTRAHIGH

Bug Description:
tossing away a lightning gun loaded with an ENABLED disrupter pu causes server to crash instantly or shortly delayed!!!!!!!!!

Steps To Reproduce:
load disrupter pu in lightning gun. enable it so you can see the bright red coloured dot in upper left corner.
"jug" the weapon now or toss away. in case nothing happens immediately, repick it and do again.
latest after 2. toss server crashes! (or its delayed from first toss)

Expected Results:
"nothing". should be possible jugging wep or tossing unused away when not needed, or tossing loaded to
a player who joined late, all without server crash.

Actual Result:
after tossing lightning gun with loaded and ENABLED disrupter pu server crashes immediately, short delayed or latest after a second toss! ("i saw lightning gun flying to me then the map freezes like in huge lagspike and when i looked in server browser the crashmap was there..."

note:
some players said its "only" normal lightning gun WITHOUT disrupter/laser. that i tried and nothing happend.

also i did not test if it happens with the (enabled) laser-powerup, too. i before often loaded lightning gun with laser-pu,
enabled it, killed some monsters to see if it works like i want, and toss it to newbies or late joiners. since there
nothing happens im more sure its the disrupter!

ats

ps: better hide this post since it looks like "it" is used to crash server on purpose when some player score to high :( !!!
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

Return to “Ticketed Bug Reports”