about taking full advantage of installed memory

Just feeling bored and want to spam the hell out of everything? Well come on in, but enter at your own risk.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Quester115
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Quester115 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:06 am

well, since installing the new mem chips did do the whole step bench bump repeat. just to make sure everything runs alright with the four dimm's installed. passed just fine on the x86 os.
game was crashing on the x86 machine because of memory issues. after installing the extra gig (as much as the 32bit could address) and re-enabling my hdd page file (set to 512 - 1024 on non-primary disk) Crysis is working just fine now, which is good :)
now just going to have to fuddle around in the 64bit os and see whats causing this weird lag.
Arch your probably right about a too agressive overclock for the new 64bit OS, the only thing else that i can think of is a driver that i missed or installed incorrectly.
haven't even tried installing much of anything on the 64bit other than firefox, and a few monitoring tools, let alone something as intensive as crysis yet.
so off to the land of Oz again
[seeking truth in life, no matter how painful it can be]

Archangel
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Archangel » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:11 am

Quester115 wrote:well, since installing the new mem chips did do the whole step bench bump repeat. just to make sure everything runs alright with the four dimm's installed. passed just fine on the x86 os.
game was crashing on the x86 machine because of memory issues. after installing the extra gig (as much as the 32bit could address) and re-enabling my hdd page file (set to 512 - 1024 on non-primary disk) Crysis is working just fine now, which is good :)
now just going to have to fuddle around in the 64bit os and see whats causing this weird lag.
Arch your probably right about a too agressive overclock for the new 64bit OS, the only thing else that i can think of is a driver that i missed or installed incorrectly.
haven't even tried installing much of anything on the 64bit other than firefox, and a few monitoring tools, let alone something as intensive as crysis yet.
so off to the land of Oz again
64-bit drivers have always been an issue.......that's why I haven't gone to XP 64........I'm actually waiting for Vista 64 to mature.

Quester115
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Quester115 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:21 pm

yeah its gotta be a driver issue i have with my board, since i got crysis running on my x86 install. i guess i wasted money on that extra gig i won't be using, just not going to spend the time with a full diagnostic which will take the whole weekend, 32 bit works 64 and it will have to until microshits next 64 release
[seeking truth in life, no matter how painful it can be]

Return to “Spam, Spam, and More Spam”