It's a damn shame what our government does........

Just feeling bored and want to spam the hell out of everything? Well come on in, but enter at your own risk.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

hwsb
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by hwsb » Wed May 20, 2009 3:07 pm

Archangel wrote:
hwsb wrote:crazy responses, eh archangel? you were doing so well too.

since you don't want to refute my arguments period, much less in a logical fashion, just do one thing: say to me (with a straight face) that you think the big three will turn a profit without a major change in their business model. or wait, even better: that the big three will turn a profit simply with more advertising. LOL!
You miss the whole point of the thread.......it's about how the government bitches about how much they spend on advertising then go about passing a Bill to spend $20 mil to immigrate Palestinians into the US. It's a where's your priorities issues. And have you priced advertising lately? It also wasn't about business model either.
did i? i guess i was trying to point out that the government technically OWNS the big 3 (well not Ford, since they got lucky with loans before the credit markets collapsed). therefore, they can tell them to do whatever they want, and if chrysler or whoever doesn't like it they can go suck an egg.

frankly, the upper management that haven't been sacked should be kissing obama's ass to keep their jobs, since in a capitalistic environment they'd have been hung out to dry long ago.

Archangel
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Archangel » Wed May 20, 2009 4:57 pm

hwsb wrote:
frankly, the upper management that haven't been sacked should be kissing obama's ass to keep their jobs, since in a capitalistic environment they'd have been hung out to dry long ago.
But see, even the CEO, CFO and COOs have bosses too.......it's called the Board/Stock Holders and guess what, you just can't fire a board/stock holder member (especially if he/she owns a great deal of stock in the company).

hwsb
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by hwsb » Thu May 21, 2009 8:24 am

Archangel wrote:
hwsb wrote:
But see, even the CEO, CFO and COOs have bosses too.......it's called the Board/Stock Holders and guess what, you just can't fire a board/stock holder member (especially if he/she owns a great deal of stock in the company).
what do they have to do with anything? the stockholders aren't responsible for running the company. the blame falls squarely on management.

towards the original topic: was your gripe that XX billions went to the auto companies, and XX billions went to some charity? you would have preferred it to be XXXX billions going to the auto companies, and no money going to the charity?

Return to “Spam, Spam, and More Spam”