How to get high score

General discussion.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

draegohn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by draegohn » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:24 pm

i kind of would like double damages and triple damages allowed to be used at the same time. imagine activating two triples for nine times! i tried this a few times, but it doesn't work like being able to use lrod or runes with the damage artifacts.

and for heaven's sake, i wish a few powerups were avialable to buy. infs are no longer much of a problem except getting one when logging in in later waves. but i swear, sometimes, damage 5 powerups are as rare as like razor or blast >,,< i would buy that powerup, and it wouldn't one that can be abused to suicide for since only one can be applied to a gun, like say instagib or such powerups everyone craves to get
Last edited by draegohn on Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chuckles
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Chuckles » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:27 pm

oh my, almost forgot, Force 5 is a much better choice than superforce if you are going to use propulsion and if u have the space u can add some single forcess to it as well
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"One is easily fooled by that which one loves."
- Moliere

draegohn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by draegohn » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:32 pm

of course force 5 is the way to go with propulsion since superforce allows no propulsion. knockback, though, works with superforcey

*forces 5 times into chuckles*

i have used force 10 before on a rejuve weapon, and it works rather well, and better in some ways since it isn't like sueprforce where superforce only kicks in if you are running forwards.

speed 10 also is nice n..n

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:38 am

Damage 5's were reduced for the same reason blast, razor, shock cannon, and others were reduced. Too many made the maps too easy.

There isn't 1 *or more in some cases* per player anymore.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

|bah|Ariel
Private
Private

Post by |bah|Ariel » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:13 am

draegohn wrote:of course force 5 is the way to go with propulsion since superforce allows no propulsion. knockback, though, works with superforcey

i have used force 10 before on a rejuve weapon, and it works rather well, and better in some ways since it isn't like sueprforce where superforce only kicks in if you are running forwards.

Makes me wonder why there is no freeze 5 since damage , poison, energy
force, speed and protection has.

And can you use these pu:s to get up 10 in each types, or are there limits ?

draegohn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by draegohn » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:33 am

for freeze and null entropy, i am not entirely sure since i never bothered adding tons on. but using rpg weps like mp5 of freeze 6 or nullentropy 8 has let me gauge their effects the best. if you want to use a status pu betwen those, use nullentropy, it is much better.

i know energy, poison, damage, speed, and forces go to 10 since i have tried them out.

protection is limited to 5, pro5 or 5 singles only

General-Chainz
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by General-Chainz » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:04 pm

draegohn wrote:of course force 5 is the way to go with propulsion since superforce allows no propulsion. knockback, though, works with superforcey

3 speed 5's work real well 4 gets a lil fast

I love superforce nails everything almost instant helps alot with a flak or a rl
I know propulsion does damage but i dont like it or use it
i hate that it knocks everything away

And Chuckles yes more luck on a weapon is cool but usually it comes down to either more luck or more damage . I go with the damage lol
Fool I'm a Vet You can bet That
I can Dance Underwater
And Not Get Wet ......Ice Cube

the velocity of my creativity is a reality in the proximity of the
vicinity relatively
to the Stability from the tranquility it all comes naturally F*** doin
it properly .....General-Chainz

And the Generals gave thanks...to the other Ranks....as they held back the enemy Tanks....for awhile ....Roger Waters

Chuckles
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Chuckles » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:48 pm

General-Chainz wrote:

3 speed 5's work real well 4 gets a lil fast

I love superforce nails everything almost instant helps alot with a flak or a rl
I know propulsion does damage but i dont like it or use it
i hate that it knocks everything away

And Chuckles yes more luck on a weapon is cool but usually it comes down to either more luck or more damage . I go with the damage lol
Yes, but with the super l's and magic's on you get more pu's to put on and chance at better weapon for later tho you gotta know when to give up on the sl's and m's, joeyz and the others had been working on a utility that would let you unload/load specific pu's to/from your gun wonder if they are still working on it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"One is easily fooled by that which one loves."
- Moliere

draegohn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by draegohn » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:14 pm

shhh, general, i don't think most know about the speed 5 trick <..<

it does nicely, agreed, but its a pain to reload when the effect is lost after resurrecting/dying

luckies do nicely for making double damages appear, but normally lately i stick on more defense related powerups than anything to hopefully stay alive. but lucky type pus and magic pu are good for one's spawn gain, or others. unless someone yells at you for taking their spawned things because they spawned it...some get more pissed than anything when you take spawned artifact or pu because they can rightly claim its theirs since they ahve on that spawning pwoerup type @..@

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:22 pm

draegohn wrote:shhh, general, i don't think most know about the speed 5 trick <..<

it does nicely, agreed, but its a pain to reload when the effect is lost after resurrecting/dying

luckies do nicely for making double damages appear, but normally lately i stick on more defense related powerups than anything to hopefully stay alive. but lucky type pus and magic pu are good for one's spawn gain, or others. unless someone yells at you for taking their spawned things because they spawned it...some get more pissed than anything when you take spawned artifact or pu because they can rightly claim its theirs since they ahve on that spawning pwoerup type @..@
Are you talking about when you can have a super force on the wep ur using and then put speed 5's on your other wops to even further boost your speed? If so I have known that for some time now and use it quite often.
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

Return to “UT2004 General Discussion”