i am fine with the amount of times it drops
43%

Total votes: 35

airrrr man
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

SSR pu

Post by airrrr man » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:36 pm

The ssr pu drops way to often throught the corse of one game. Most often 4 or 5 fall in the first 10 waves which is compleatly ridiculous for the strength of the weapon. I believe one drop a game would be enough.
Hi.

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:19 pm

delete this post and create a new one with answer: mini-ssr should be only in weaponcrate. its enough hearing big-daddy crying for weaponcrate or crowbar every 2 minutes, but allways asking every 30seconds for this fkn ssr-pu makes me sick. so well... best deactivate both and back to the roots...
ats

draegohn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by draegohn » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:58 pm

i must admit, it is getting rediculous again with how much this damn powerup is made available. most maps of a full server i see two mini ssrs going . it is a very cheap, high-powered weapon that honestly takes very little effort to use or pu configuration to optimize.

and i barely see even one blast cannon or fireball appear most of the time..yet to have 3 ssr mini pus instead popping out. come on already -,,-

i voted for once appearing, because..why not have a chance for at least one available? those who vote that nothing is wrong with this frequency are most likely lacking in ability or wisdom of the gameplay on this server and need an easy way to fight.

and, amy..oh my god..yes, he does beg for it way too much. 95% of the time, noone is going to give away the ssr mini pu unless they already have one...don't people realize this!? same with summon powerups. i trade mini ssr for just about anything else, like combat, lady, mini rl, howie, fireball..they do so much better as i know from experience.

i give ssr mini pus and such away...but those who ask every wave for them are certain to never get these things from me. i apologize, but the constant "need" spoken so freaking much annoys me >,,<

draegohn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by draegohn » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:03 pm

oh, just for the heck of it, the other day when like 5 people were playing, i acquired the ssr mini pu 4 times. yes, 4. guess what i did? i applied the pu to the same gun to see if it changed anything. believe it or not, you can apply the pu to an ssr minigun of light, the gun flips around like you are changing weapons and all...but it does nothing. no extra slot, no evolution to being ssr mini heavy..it just does nothing!

i bet all you ssr mini fans are crying at the tragic waste :P

hehe, i told noone that map what i did or i would have been yelled at or something <,,<

Gothicize
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Gothicize » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:39 pm

lol drae thats just to funny but good to know what happens when someone does that.

airrrr man
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by airrrr man » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:57 pm

Amy Infless wrote:delete this post and create a new one with answer: mini-ssr should be only in weaponcrate. its enough hearing big-daddy crying for weaponcrate or crowbar every 2 minutes, but allways asking every 30seconds for this fkn ssr-pu makes me sick. so well... best deactivate both and back to the roots...
ats
im talking about the mini ssr power up, not the gun. If you want the mini ssr light to only appear in the crate vote 0 times :)
Hi.

KnaveSkye
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by KnaveSkye » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:27 am

I havnt been around for a bit, but i remember this, and you would think if the same complaints are comming up 4 months later, then maybe they are valid. I like the look, but it is overpowered for the frequency it drops. Id like to see the old ssr pu make a return(the orange beams) it was fairly rare, and when used was only a little bit more powerful than a regular minigun and had a faier amount of knockback on it. It was also fun because the powerup would change your mini into an ssr mini, and then you could unload the pu and give it to the next person, whicht was kinda teamwork promoting. So a return to the old ways might be something to consider, making the ssr mini pu like the older version, and make the ssr mini of light be a summonable weapon like the old ssr mini(red beams) used to be
"Never argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

"When all else fails, use fire"

TheSynGame
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TheSynGame » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:58 am

It doesnt need a return just lower the damage or make it non vampable.

|bah|Ariel
Private
Private

Post by |bah|Ariel » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:58 am

Does the SSR pu really drops that much ?

The last 2 months i got it once, but i guess that is the story of my life. :oops: :butthead:

SirBeast
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by SirBeast » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:53 am

I think it works out that once one drops, another won't drop until the first has been used, but once the first has been used, the next usually drops pretty quickly, and the next, and the next...
I will consistently sacrifice political correctness for an attempt at humor. If ya can't deal, then ya need ta stop being ign'ant.

Sig by the awesome AnnaBeaver

Return to “UT2004 General Discussion”