Bug report missing one item

General discussion.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Gothicize
Sergeant
Sergeant

Bug report missing one item

Post by Gothicize » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:55 am

So I was going to do a bug report but there wasn't an option for when the map lags everyone out causing them to reconnect as player. I restarted the map and noticed that the zounds menu was not working and the ret problem was there. Next map the ret problem was gone and the menu was back. I don't recall the name of the map (the one where you shoot a wall and it opens the vault to get to the SSR).

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Re: Bug report missing one item

Post by Amy Infless » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:18 am

when map crashed and the default map was there after that, some things
like the killing spree awards didnt work.

dont know if that effect is the same when you restart the map on purpose,
maybe thats like playing default with any settings, too.

think that could be with the retention problem and no zounds, too, but this should be easy to find out,
just restart a map when some summoned their shottys in wave 2 ;)

also, where should we report all these maps in the future? some are in admin-, some in public- and some reported
in map-repair-section.. a bit too splitted i think.

also the 180-map-list contains a lot of old really need to be deleted maps that the 179-map-list didnt have, since they
were sorted out there long time ago, if we do that again to find out all these maps i think its kinda waste of time
and we should continue after paintball had time to replace the old 180-map-list with the latest 179-map-list.

ats
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

Mobster
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Re: Bug report missing one item

Post by Mobster » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:15 am

Could of possibly restarted, and whatever is causing those issues might have just decided to show itself again. Which could theoretically happen.
Amy Infless wrote:also, where should we report all these maps in the future? some are in admin-, some in public- and some reported
in map-repair-section.. a bit too splitted i think.
Goth's thread in the admin section will do. The Map repair is mainly for maps that don't pass Joeyz map analyzer. Basically they need more player starts and path nodes in the map.
Amy Infless wrote:also the 180-map-list contains a lot of old really need to be deleted maps that the 179-map-list didnt have, since they
were sorted out there long time ago, if we do that again to find out all these maps i think its kinda waste of time
and we should continue after paintball had time to replace the old 180-map-list with the latest 179-map-list.
I need to speak with Baron, to see if he will do it. Or adjust my permissions a little bit more for me to be able to actually delete the maps from the server. Currently I can restart the server, and add files to the server and/or redirect.
Mob
Monster Madness RPG WoP Invasion Server Administrator - UT 2004
Map Editor - UT 2004

Return to “UT2004 General Discussion”