Being over level 260

Do you know some good strategies to help your fellow team mates do better in game? Help us out. Post some in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

draegohn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Being over level 260

Post by draegohn » Sun May 20, 2007 3:36 pm

here are a couple tips for those about to become over level 260, as well as for what others can expect and should do when they get this high.

1: don't be the last person alive! lol many of you have probably watched merc or i as the last person on a later wave. the monsters become the same level as the last person alive. so the first tip here is to try and get rid of enemies of the greatest threat. enemies with wands, laser rifles, nukes, osamas, vortex lucifer, and redeemer enemies should always be your primary targets so they can't kill others. i will take on all these enemies myself, even with mp5...except the lucifer wand--mp5 takes too long to get this sucka even when he holds a weak weapon.

2: certain enemy types will get a huge grant in hp when the last person alive is over level 260. these enemies are the ones that are vulnerable to effects of propulsion, knockback, freeze, null entropy, etc and can be vamped off of as well. those of you know which i mean, i would think. so if you are last alive, go after the other monster types and get rid of them first when possible so you have less shooting for you. i really don't know why these enemies don't get the hp grant, but i suppose its something joey coded in...they still hurt as bad as if their damage bonus was the high level.

so now you have the other enemy types left...and you find yourself shooting and shooting and shooting them for what seems forever, and your awareness skill still shows them in the green! welcome to hell, hahahaha! some of you have seen this and are like "wtf!?" well, now you know why..their hp is through the roof and have a really high damage reduction too. one map i had two valgaries to fight on wave 20 when i was the last, and i had a laser rifle with +10 damage on it. i fought them both for 20+ minutes, even grabbing the spawning double damages now and again. there is only one solution to keep from figting for eternity..vorpal pu. really, vorpal pu is the only thing that can cut them down within reasonable time. i have been the last person on maps numerous times now, and i have had laser rifle, enhanced ssr, wand, and ssr mini at such times. these enemies still take forever regardless of how great the weapon is, and vorpal is all that can really save one from such a long shoot-run-hide-repeat scenario.

happy leveling :D

Ortega
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Ortega » Tue May 29, 2007 2:42 pm

Dreaghon is right. I had a ssr mini and I was the last with a Pred and I could't kill it. There is two things i learned, one you can telfrag it in which Axe told me and also if you jump ontop of it in a corner you can kill it EASY!
Later all!

souless
Corporal
Corporal

Post by souless » Tue May 29, 2007 3:42 pm

couldnt the thing saying dont be the last one there be with anyone cause like if u had a lvl 50 left it would be just as hard for him to kill it as it is for the 260 by himself to kill it?
The bible was misinterperated its the monotones shall inherit the earth not the meek

Ortega
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Ortega » Tue May 29, 2007 3:53 pm

Not true because the guns can be packed the same with power ups but the Damage its going to take on a level 260 towards 150 is going to be way more needed to kill the monster.
Later all!

draegohn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by draegohn » Tue May 29, 2007 3:55 pm

that predator can be a pain at times, but its also fun in that way it can be so rebellious! X}

soulless, you would be right in that such a low level against much as the last will have just as much difficulty if not more than level 260 alone. but..a level of 50 has less hp, less other stats, less skills, and is mostly likely not going to make it or have any chance at all.

i wrote this topic mainly to let others know what to expect if they get high level!

it is probably adavantgeous to try and stay level 200-240, where if you are last, your skills and stats are good enough to easily save the map as the last one alive since the jump in monster level to yours makes things more even and doable. i have watched boomshakalkaboom, reyalp, caddy (before he became level 260), money, etc in the past and being the last for them was not too much problem, as it was for me back then.

when a low level beneath 130 saves a map, i am always impressed and proud of them :}

[iX]AnnaBeaver
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by [iX]AnnaBeaver » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:40 pm

OMG!! You'll do anything to broadcast your level!! :P
AnnaBeavers Website: Pyxis Media (Under Construction)
UT2004 MM Invasion Server Aministrator

border_2
BANNED
BANNED

lvl 260

Post by border_2 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:30 pm

Im not sure if ill hit 260 but indeed if your the last there same lvl as you and u better have full vamp and a scatter weapon to heal and kill at the same time.The worst is when u ress it takes a few seconds 4 the weapon to get its attrabuts back during that time your a sitting duck.
Killing illegals one alien at a time!

KnaveSkye
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by KnaveSkye » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:38 am

"Never argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

"When all else fails, use fire"

KnaveSkye
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by KnaveSkye » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:50 am

You make me smile :wave:
"Never argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

"When all else fails, use fire"

AXE
Private
Private

Post by AXE » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:06 am

keep smiling homosexual, it makes people wonder what you have up in ya...lol well im quite sure this will be my last post here as im sure paint will gladly ban me from this anyway

WELL ATLEAST HE WENT OUT IN STYLE.....NOT!

Return to “Monster Madness Strategy Guide”