Efficiently fighting queens and titans

Do you know some good strategies to help your fellow team mates do better in game? Help us out. Post some in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

draegohn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Efficiently fighting queens and titans

Post by draegohn » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:55 pm

it has been awhile since i posted strategy of any kind, so here is one on how to increase kills of titans and queens as well as vagaries too. as is logical, the way to dominate in killing them comes from both gun type and powerups applied..but one can rape them with any combination and the right combination of them for a certain map.

weapons:

the best weapons to use on these enemies are those with a strong beam such as laser rifle, supershock, wand, enhancced ssr. the other nonbeamy type are those with fast projectile release like mp5, minigun (earlier waves since it lacks strength when enemies toughen up more), lady, ak, and combat shotgun.

i am not saying the other weps aren't good, but i am just stating the very best. i will bring up examples of how to own them with other weapon types!

powerups of importance:

-2 infs for faster rate of fire, of course

-damage and rage powerups, as much as can be put on

-force 5/force singles or superforce to get the projectiles to enemies faster

-knockback adds a slight damage enhancement while pushing enemies back

-pullforwards adds a greater damage enhancement than knockback with same rate of effect instantiation (doesn't pullforwards every shot..but every few shots). it draws enemies to you

-propulsion adds the greatest damage enhancement. it pushes enemies like knockback, and the rate of instantiation is just about every single shot.

-vorpal instakills an enemy with 1% chance

-titan rock shield powerups reduce damage or nullify any harm from rocks from titans and those rat-like things that toss rocks and goo. one reduces the damage or instagib chance against yourself, two on reduces all damage or some damage, and with two on you should never die from a single rock or even many at once. but there have been rare occasions i have been killed when a billion were coming to me

note: propulsion can't be on at the same time a superforce is. knockback and pullforwards work with superforce. one also cannot mix knockback, propulsion, and pullforwards in the same weapon of power

strategy of powerups and weapons

i will now tell you my experiences and strategies using these powerups and guns with certain maps.

large open maps:
no force or superforce is needed with beam weapons..ever, on big or small maps. just apply knockback, pullforwards, or propulsion to these guns. forces and superforce should be applied to guns like mini rl, bio, link, flak and rocket launcher weapons, preferably superforce. with propulsion or pullforwards, most beam weps like laser rifle, wand, super shock of power with at least 5 damages (and player's max damage bonus) will kill titans, queens, and valgaries in a single strike, or two.

some people wondered how on large maps i often dominate with mini-rl and rocket launcher/flak based weapons, so here is how i do it. i apply superforce so my blast can travel really fast. i also add pulllforwards to the gun as well, because the pulling force of it will not only take the queens and titans out of others's aims, but draw them closer to my aim and into any more oncoming projectiles to increase hurt load on them. this is what makes this pu so great on the big titans and queenies!

combat shotgun most people think is useable in smaller maps where the alt-fire does it glorious damage. but i use primary fire on large maps most of the time, and i use vorpal and propulsion/pullforwards on it too. needless to say, propulsion and combat shotgun is the very best combination of any, put pullforwards is not so bad either. the combat shotgun is the best vorpal gun of them, and sometimes on waves 15/16, i get the shotgun boom sound every few seconds at times from instagibbing effect of vorpal.

for ak and lady, you can go any way with pullforwards or propulsion use, i would tend to go with propulsion.

bio rifle and link are rather not great for large maps, though for the first 12 waves, plasma ball with superforce works very well. note...plasma ball doesn't work with propulsion or pullforwards, but regular link does. bio with spread and superforce can do well with pullforwards, but one needs speed 5 or superspeed to get to enemies faster.

smaller maps or large maps that are corridors

the same applications for all weapons can go for use here, but some things need considering

-smaller maps mean enemies are closer. superforce may not really be needed, so force 5 or more can make due fine

-pulling a titan in can be..scary..when using pullforwards. if they are above, you can crush yourself or have him toss a rock at you at he is drawn near. for this reason..be careful! and this is where i suggest the TITAN ROCK SHIELDS! if a map is very small, like skatepark, warpit, etc..i try to have 1 or 2 of these pus on a gun in such confined map types, regardless. when i have two on, i use pullfowards only and bring all my experience- and point-rich babies in without worry!

-be considerate on small maps with surrounding pits (blatha for example..castle on small island above lava) propulsion and knockback can push enemies away and you be safer..but teammates can be pushed off or crushed easily.

combat shotgun revisited: yes, again. of course, using altfire i wonderful for this gun on small maps, but truly, with queens and titans, the primary fire on small maps does much better than alt fire's distance effect limitation. valgaries die better with alt-fire, though, especially if there are many together on wave 18.

bio and link guns are so much more effective here, especially with spread, so freely use anything here to advantage if using one of those wops :}

i think this is all i really need to say or add about fighting queens and titans. coupling the large health bar from the awareness skill with one's gaming eyes, you can quickly turn attention to such big targets and go for them. i tend to go for queens and titanss when i can..they tend to be quicker kills and add a good amount of experience and score, as well as helping vamp life back to oneself.

i hope this may help somehow!

Scion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Scion » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:05 am

I also want to add that the rocket launcher with rocket cluster in small confine places or corriders works wonders and if you have super force you can clear a corrider in seconds if used just right.
Sometimes a crazy move is the best move.

draegohn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by draegohn » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:14 pm

you are correct! while i rather dislike the weapon, i have been "forced" to use it on two occasions when low levels handed me there rl with it on after a critical error or waepon loss somehow. one of these maps was kenshin.

you know that spot by the dd under a ramp as a safe spot? well after a low level gave me their gun, i hung there and just spammed the cluster. one path down the hallway like thing..after 2 waves (most people spammed guns blindly while i attracted army guys attention) i gained 3000 points from nothing, and actually, that gun helped save that wave.

i know von uses it at times, and i decalre how well he deos use it on all map types that he is the rocket cluster master!

i plan to make post someday the best places and ways to use every gun type, so this will be included :}

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:19 pm

Rocket spread isn't that bad in places like the tunnel in mixer and other small hall maps 8)

draegohn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by draegohn » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:39 pm

spread is great! even on big maps for the last 3 waves. having a positve rl is a must for me because a rocket launcher with 2 spread pus does wonderfully, and is my backup weapon choice if i don't get anything i like better before wave 17. it is vital one never superforce this..ever, for the spread shootout effect can go way too fast. and indeed this gun owns on small, enclosed passage-like maps such as oceanic, mixer, and such :}

for larger and more open maps, i tend to do a lot of jumping and firing downwards into enemies to make full use of the rockets and the multiple splash damages derived from all the rockets. this weapon does so nice against army guys

Scion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Scion » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:10 pm

I use bio with weapon spread and it works pretty well on deemers usually and the damage piles up on certain enemies, I know this weapon works well in corriders as well cause I used one on a map and was one of the few people left and I tore monsters up, sadly though I also ran into soldiers and was a little short on enemies to vamp.

Ragnarok
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Ragnarok » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:46 am

No idea why people dislike the fireball, its a RL ofcourse but with the Effect as a BIO. I love it, jus spam it in a tunnel filled with em, and they are gone in no time. Even for my level

Scion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Scion » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:05 am

Its probably cause its a pain to find for one, then you got to have a decent rl usually to make it pay off where as you can get the other pus more commonly and I think fireball is the slowest (or maybe one of the slowest) of the rl firemodes, not 100% sure on that cause its been a while and don't usually get a fireball with good rl to test it to speed of other rl firemodes. Also the other rl firemodes have a better coverage of area, especially the spread. But thats not say its weak or anything, its just its not common and then you must want to spam it in narrow areas, not large areas since you have small chance of actually hitting anything then.

Corporal
Corporal

Post by 1800 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:27 am

rl spread FTW..i like em all, but seem to kill more crap at one time with spread :)
"People who put stupid quotes or phrases for a signature that are supposed to mean something very esoteric really f@#!ing piss me off."

Return to “Monster Madness Strategy Guide”