UT3 n00b questions

Talk about Unreal Tournament 3 with your fellow team mates from Gaming Madness that also play UT3.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SirBeast
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

UT3 n00b questions

Post by SirBeast » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:47 pm

How the fehk do you give voice commands to the bots in single-player mode?

I've skimmed the manual a few times and haven't seen anything about this in there, and although several forums say that it CAN be done, though they don't give any details as to HOW it can be done. Have I overlooked this in the manual somehow? Can any1 lend some insight on how to do this?

Also, of course I have created this forum for any1 else to ask such n00b questions - but, being a brand-new game (less than a month old at the time of writing this) I guess we're all n00bs at it to some degree! LOL!
I will consistently sacrifice political correctness for an attempt at humor. If ya can't deal, then ya need ta stop being ign'ant.

Sig by the awesome AnnaBeaver

Intimidator
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Intimidator » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:06 pm

I think its the v key .......Just go into your key set up and then you should see which one it is, then a weird list of commands come up....Only used it a few times, but the commands kinda suck.
"The next time you're having a bad day, imagine this: You're a Siamese twin. Your brother, attached at your shoulder, is a pole smoker. You're not. He has a date coming over tonight. You only have one ass."

Mr_N_Pants
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mr_N_Pants » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:03 pm

I tried the voice commands in 2k4, but they didn't understand me, and I yelled and shouted at the stupid bots until my wife started throwing things at me.

virussick
Corporal
Corporal

Post by virussick » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:06 pm

Beer - The reason I wake up every afternoon.

SirBeast
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by SirBeast » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:30 pm

I will consistently sacrifice political correctness for an attempt at humor. If ya can't deal, then ya need ta stop being ign'ant.

SirBeast
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by SirBeast » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:38 am

However, after reading thru this, it barely lends any insight. One of the primary issues seems to be that, as a user of XP x64, I don't have speech recognition abilities through the OS. Sure, Vista has it, which is why they didn't implement it with Office/Word 2007, but it doesn't seem that x64 has it available. If anyone has any helpful info on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Intimidator
Corporal
Corporal

Re: UT3 n00b questions

Post by Intimidator » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:53 am

SirBeast wrote:How the fehk do you give voice commands to the bots in single-player mode?

I've skimmed the manual a few times and haven't seen anything about this in there, and although several forums say that it CAN be done, though they don't give any details as to HOW it can be done. Have I overlooked this in the manual somehow? Can any1 lend some insight on how to do this?

Also, of course I have created this forum for any1 else to ask such n00b questions - but, being a brand-new game (less than a month old at the time of writing this) I guess we're all n00bs at it to some degree! LOL!

Sorry dude ! Iguess i should read the post a little bit better...I just now realize that indeed you said Voice commands.
I understood it wrong yesterday thinking that you just wanted the commands.
MY BAD !
"The next time you're having a bad day, imagine this: You're a Siamese twin. Your brother, attached at your shoulder, is a pole smoker. You're not. He has a date coming over tonight. You only have one ass."

SirBeast
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by SirBeast » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:19 am

I just find it hard to believe that after having a decent voice command system in UT2k4 (at least, it always worked really well for me) that they would fail to include that feature in UT3

virussick
Corporal
Corporal

Post by virussick » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:24 pm

There still working on the official patch and im still waiting
Beer - The reason I wake up every afternoon.

Return to “UT3”