BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Update 15

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:29 am

Hey Guys,

Here's what we got:

Error fixes
We hopefully fixed the bug with the waves not advancing, keep an eye out for that.
We did some tweaks on the warlords, hopefully they shouldn't be firing as often

-Paintball
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

slayerdrango
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Re: Update 15

Post by slayerdrango » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:55 pm

seems there is a Bug with the special Weapons crate, most specificly the crowbar i could not toss it or open the crate. HAPPENED 2 TIMES ON 2 DIFFERENT MAPS. RUMPLE CAN CONFIRM.
I could toss the Crate but not the crowbar. :evil: (devil) censored Need less to say we lost both times.
:sniper: :lmg:

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:16 pm

sorry, still doesnt work.

i played with drae in map slavestate, we again had to finish map at end of wave 19,
monster counter was at "0" but wave didnt change. if you play DM, for example, in that map
and you fall into the deathtrap you die instantly. here in invasion that deathtrap doesnt work,
(except you try trans out.. that kills you too..) but i dont think that causes that problem.

telling that because we searched for last monster, it hided in that deathtrap, was the 85%white/15% pink/red
dragon, and the monster counter showed "1" alive. when we killed it, counter said "0" but wave didnt change :(

------------

dunno if the turretlauncher is deactivated, i didnt get it in like 5 hours playing, so i guess thats not reason for that
problem (wave not switching) when noone use that turretlauncher,..

------------

medic tent has no healthkegs inside, but we placed it 2 times in a map were ground wasnt 100% horizontally
even, dunno if thats a problem or if healthkegs dont work atm

-----------

when matrix is running, the ufo is still flying with "superspeed"

------------

nuke cant be disarmed anymore with rl-spreads, but looks like chainsaw works with disarming nukes...

-----------

ats
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:03 pm

yep. we were not able to use weaponcrate too, even when you die and someone picks your
crate and crow it doesnt work to open it..
--------------------------
dont think it was coincident, looks like revive heart needs a fix.
when i played today i got revive heart, after a while another player was killed.
i activated the revive-"window", it showed me that killed player..
bevore i could revive him, he left (pissed off, i guess) and my ut crashed immediately,
and i got this message:

Code: Select all

General protection fault!

History: UCanvas::execTextSize <- (ReviveInteraction Package.ReviveInteraction @ Function EnhancedWeaponsOfPower_v180.ReviveInteraction.PostRender : 01DF) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (InteractionMaster Package.InteractionMaster, Function Engine.InteractionMaster.Process_PostRender) <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessPostRender <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Adara Canyon <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 10910191 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

i test this later if that happens again when i try that on purpose..

ats

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:51 am

Joey has redone how all of the artifacts activate. As you mention, it appears that he broke the crowbar and the crate. If you have the opportunity please check out the other artifacts and let us know what you find. Thanks for the reports Amy :D
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:09 pm

today we "finished" a map in wave 16, not 19 like most time, with monster counter "0". :(

if a (or more) monster(s) cause that problem, which appear allways in 19, and maybe random rarely in 16/17?

--------------------------------------------------
also again had the problem with disapearing weps and wops (again mini and rl) when switching through them,
and also reappearing when switching back to the disappeared wep/wop, dunno whats the problem, but it was
again after i golded the rocketlauncher!
-------------------------------------------------
queens and lil bugs:
in that wave (10?) when a lot queens appear and be covered from dozens of bugs (why so much in huge maps, in small
maps there are nearly no bug, just queens?!?) the bugs dont give "exp-kill-points", also it often looks like if you hit one
a handfull others die, when i would use splashdamage weapon i could understand, but with a single hit from wand or ssr???
i killed like the whole wave allone, at the end my exp-kill-counter (not F1-score) just showed me 2-3 points more
nuke:
is that correct monsters can now "dis-arm" their own nukes un-planned by accident or on purpose now?
i often hear 2 nukes drop shortly one after another, and before both explode it says "denied" and only one
explodes. other players or i didnt kill nukes that times, thats 100% sure.

also today they tried blasting us away with tossing much nukes, like 4 in row, all 4 nukes exploded (one after another,
not at the same time) in shortest time and caused 3-4 players to lag-out/crash.
i thought that was maxed to be two nukes?
a sometimes working hint for the "cant-exit-vehicles-problem":

in small locations no matter what vehicle you cant get out of it. i recogniced if you switch to "behindview"-mode
where you can see yourself from behind, after turning around a bit you can leave the vehicle!
mostly that doesnt work in raptor when flying high in the air, wonder why cause its not a "small" location
where you can get stuck like with a tank in doors or tunnels...
revive heart part 2: (u)

i forgot to ask what skin bronco used, i only asked if its regular ut-skin, he said yes.

so every time i activated revive heart (he was the only dead player that moment) the revive window was empty
and also every time this error in logfile appeared

Warning: Failed to load 'NULL': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'Mesh None.': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'Material None.': Can't resolve package name
Log: SpinnyWeap playanim with no mesh!
when trying that with other players from which skin is shown in that revive window, theres no error.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
turretlauncher:

1.) question: is there a difference bewteen turretlauncher which drops from monsters and the turretlauncher
you get when you buy support lvl 3 (or 4) ability? because the turretlauncher from monsters doesnt give me
a lot of this warnings:

Log: Warning: Unable to match any animation tracks from [beaconlauncher] to skeletal mesh [BeaconLauncher_3p].
Log: Warning: Unable to match any animation tracks from [beaconlauncher] to skeletal mesh [BeaconLauncher_3p].
slayerdrango had that turretlauncher, he bought it. error appeared on all played maps with his turrets.

2.) turretlauncher is pretty powerfull and kills a lot. also its very early buyable. if more players find that
"usefull" to get much more kills they will all try to place the max. 3 allowed turrets as first player. many will be
pissed cause of 16 players buy it but only max. 3 per team and/or player are allowed.

my suggestions are:
a: turretlauncher available after level 25.
b: only one turret per player (so at least 3 players can use it)
c: increase max. turrets from 3 to 4..5..6.. as long more turrets dont cause to much troubles
d: maybe a support "bonus", when beeing level 100 you are normally well set with stats, weapons and pus, so
the bonus with level 100 is to be able use 2 or 3 turrets then, but now with that level more as defence line and
not to get very much kills when beeing lvl 5, so i think there are two ways, you lost interest because you have
good balanced weps/Stats and leave turrets to the noobs, or help all by building defence lines... (well and getting
more kills too,,,)
----------------------------------------------------------
artifacts/pus/sounds

some sounds seem not work right, if you play in a big map, like mario for example, and you place a
glasswall, wall or bunker at one end of the map, i nearly cant hear the sound "you must hold the barricade"
and that from bunker.

i noticed that when you are in center of the map, you hear it very loud. i often wondered why it sounds like
someone is placing it one inch near me, but in fact it was placed far away.

some weaponsounds arent working sometimes too, like you hear only the impacts, but not when its fired.
swiching through weps and trying again helps sometimes, also it looks its not for every player the same,
like we stand close together, he can hear it, i not...

guess its a bit like the ak-sound, i hear it sometimes only from "left" side, while player is on right side or far
away firing it...

------------------------------------------------------------------
matrix spell

i didnt use it much, also i rarely played huge maps very often, and with low level its hard to get into last waves
to see how monsters "act". so i dunno if some monsters "do that" naturally, or if matrix cause them "doing that":
if matrix spell ends, it looks like some dragons, dinos and soldiers become "superspeed", i couldnt remember
some beeing that fast flying or running through maps.

btw, looks like the ufo has anti-matrix-abilities, i tried to hit one while matrix was active but i couldnt follw it...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

finally two things from logfile, this one i got only one time while joining server:

Warning: SpawnActor failed because class Emitter has bStatic or bNoDelete
Log: Spawning new actor for Viewport WindowsViewport
and here i didnt pay attention, because it was between all the turretlauncher warnings from above:

Warning: Gedon DM-1on1-LostCemetery-Inv1.Gedon (Function WOPMonsterPack_v180.Gedon.SpawnTwoShots:0052) Accessed None 'MyAmmo'
same warning followed many times, just with other numbers

ats

Mobster
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Mobster » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:08 am

Amy Infless wrote:today we "finished" a map in wave 16, not 19 like most time, with monster counter "0". :(

if a (or more) monster(s) cause that problem, which appear allways in 19, and maybe random rarely in 16/17?
If its a buggy monster that is in Joeyz Monster Madness Injector, it could be thrown in at any wave.
Amy Infless wrote:revive heart part 2: (u)

i forgot to ask what skin bronco used, i only asked if its regular ut-skin, he said yes.

so every time i activated revive heart (he was the only dead player that moment) the revive window was empty
and also every time this error in logfile appeared

Warning: Failed to load 'Mesh None.': Can't resolve package name
Log: SpinnyWeap playanim with no mesh!
when trying that with other players from which skin is shown in that revive window, theres no error.
Custom skins are no longer an issue in v180. Before you even get into the server, the server will see what skin you are using.
If its a standard UT skin (comes with game) it is fine. If it isn't(custom) then it will automatically switch you to Jakob before you're even in and playing. So that bug is something else.
Mob
Monster Madness RPG WoP Invasion Server Administrator - UT 2004
Map Editor - UT 2004

Return to “Patch 180 Beta Tester Discussion Forum”