Pool Table map

This is the place to post requests for new maps that you would like to play on the server.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Big_Meat
Private
Private

Pool Table map

Post by Big_Meat » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:54 am

Can't remember the exact name, but "Pool Table" was in it, and it was one of those over-sized maps (with giant furniture and whatnot). Would love to see this map come back.

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:44 am

Most likely you're talking about GU-Pooltable-2k4 (I forget the exact name).

Yea that's a bit of a big project. I've put 5 hours into it and am only about half way done.

It had zero path nodes and only 8 player starts. So the monsters didn't have enough room to spawn, and had no clue as to where to go. They could only go after something that was in their line of sight.

As it stands now there are 30 player starts and 165 path nodes with 8 jump pads and 4 teleporters.

I still have about 3 or 4 more hours of work to ensure that no matter where a monster started chasing you, it can follow you no matter where you go.

Only semi safe place is inside the pool table as only little monsters can go inside after you.

Not to mention it was all one big zone (meaning no matter what the entire map refreshed whenever you changed positions) which caused a lot of the lag.

Along with adding a couple of zones and identifying which textures need to be optimized I don't expect to be done with this one for quite some time.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

Big_Meat
Private
Private

Post by Big_Meat » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:20 am

that's cool... good to know you're on the case! thanks for the great effort.

thegreatsmg
Private
Private

Post by thegreatsmg » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:06 pm

yeah but i swear the monsters had path nodes the map is really old like 2005 i think it was made i played it on MM and it was there but when i came back 2 the server 2 years later it was gone

Return to “Map Requests”