DM-(DcW)-SpaceBase

This is the place to post requests for new maps that you would like to play on the server.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Snotshot
Private
Private

DM-(DcW)-SpaceBase

Post by Snotshot » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:53 pm

I took an old CTF map I made when I was in DcW and turned it into an invasion map.

I would LOVE to see it get some playtime on the server.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M4PZBZIG

KnaveSkye
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by KnaveSkye » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:30 pm

Unfortunately until Joeys' life settles down enough for him to spend time on the server again, no one else has the power to add maps. Just so you dont think you are being ignored on this one. :D
"Never argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

"When all else fails, use fire"

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:16 am

Map looks nice and plays pretty well. I like how the weapons are placed. You should add a link though ;)

However it won't be put on the server without under going some changes.

First off the little tunnel section in the middle needs to be twice as tall so the tall monsters (titans, queens, lucys, etc etc) can go through. Otherwise there will be lots of collision errors and the mobs will just stand there.

Second you need to place path nodes/navigation points in the map. Maps without path nodes (or too many) lag badly in invasion. The monsters don't know where to go. Each map needs to have a minimum of 75 path nodes (actually this can be lower depending on the map and layout of path nodes) to pass the map analyzer.

The map analyzer is a mutator Joey created to automatically check and remove maps that don't meet the criteria (ie 20+ player starts and 75+ navigation points (path nodes, health pickups, adren pickups) ).

As a matter of my opinion only, the chain fence dividing the map needs to go. It's very annoying :D
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

Snotshot
Private
Private

Post by Snotshot » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:56 pm

I appreciate the feedback man. Im not too good with pathnodes as I have no idea what the fine tuned details of mapmaking are. If you want to handle that, I would be more than happy to see improvements.

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:18 am

One thing I forgot to mention was that the player starts are too close together. Player starts also act as mob spawns so they need to be a little further apart.

Redo the tunnels in the middle (and add a link :D ) and re upload it. I'll play around with the pathing then :)
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

Return to “Map Requests”