4 priority fixes to finish patch 180

Check here for server status and maintenance.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mobster
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

4 priority fixes to finish patch 180

Post by Mobster » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:00 am

Spoke to Joey early this morning on Skype.
He has been busy with work, and had a bunch of things to do with his family recently.

But he told me this is what are the major things needed to finish. (In order of priority)
1- Compile issue -> fixed!
2- GUI for RPG abilities -> fixed! (Going to disable END key menu, until he fixes it at later date. We still will have all those new zounds.)
3- Nuke Texture -> fixed!
4- German Grenadier ->

Note: Some lesser things that some of you saw in the Dev server will be disabled until 181. Don't be alarmed with this to much though.

He will try hard to get it out this week, before he has to do a week of travel for work the following week.

Then when he gets back he will start work on patch 181, and it will be big!
Mob
Monster Madness RPG WoP Invasion Server Administrator - UT 2004
Map Editor - UT 2004

Mobster
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Re: 4 priority fixes to finish patch 180

Post by Mobster » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:36 pm

Update:

Last night Joey and I did some more testing, and We have one more major bug to fix, and a few smaller ones.
Once we fix those we will test again to make sure.
And to finalize the patch, we will configure all the monster waves, and power ups, and ETC. And test one final time to make sure Patch 180 is ready.

Thanks, its coming!
Mob
Monster Madness RPG WoP Invasion Server Administrator - UT 2004
Map Editor - UT 2004

joeyz
BF2 & UT2004 Server Founder

Post by joeyz » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:39 pm

Thanks for all that mobster. Friday evening I returned from fort mcCoy, wisconsin on a military assignment and back home.

I've been working on code last night. One of the things that came across my mind last night, which was mentioned again by a couple of players, is that you lose the mp5 gun and powerups on ghost and you cant apply retention beciase of the bug. Its not a bug on my end, the person who wrote the code didnt consider or understand that the slot of for the assault weapon and dual wielding of original assault. Until i re-write parts of the code for the mp5, here is my solution that i think you guys are going to love.

As you know, the powerups, retention, ghost etc works on the standard assault, i will test it this afternoon. If no issues, i will make the assault rifle the default rifle. Some people may say awwww man but hear me out. Here are some pros and cons... I can place the mp5 on the rpg menu list that you can buy so that you can spawn with it and have it. Will also re-enable retention on the gun. This is a work around. As far as for the assault rifle, that some hate, well think of it this way... You would be able to have two of them, dual weilding, imagine the firepower you would have having two wop rifles especially with the + extra slots. Imagine having two wops, one with a knock back powerup and the other with a pull forward, lol monster would go nuts being jerked around unable to attack you as your loaded damage +5s tears their ass up..
Lol

What we can do is run this in version 180 for a few weeks, then ask the players how do they like it. If majority doesnt like it, we can also easily make changes in version 181.

This afternoon i will test it and this evening invite some players in game to help look for any bugs and see what it feels like.
Flak of Power +10 [Powerups: 3 Sturdy, 2 infs, 1 Healing, 1 Vorpal, 1 Lucky, 1 Poison 5x, 1 Protection 5x, 1 Retaliation x5, 1 Retention, 1 Super Force, 2 Speed 5x, 2 Damage 5x, 2 Energy 5x, 1 Penetrating, 1 Razorbomb]

joeyz
BF2 & UT2004 Server Founder

Post by joeyz » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:18 am

Invasion team,

I am getting real close in patching server. Sorry for the delay but discovered there were a few new things i added that im wrapping up on now. Your getting some new weapons: xm8 rifle, mp40, x2l, sig 66, and another.

There are new fighter and bombers in the game. Yes, spitfire, japanese zeros, and others. First server with aircraft. You now have to watch the skies. These planes carrier weapons, including the kamakzis with deemers and nukes.

New German wave is going to be holy hell for you:

German soldiers
German officers
German snipers
German granadiers
German fuhrer
German shepherds <- yes, DOGS and they hurt
German Titans <- they build up barriers to block your paths
German planes

The soldiers can crouch, prone and roll. Its sick.

There are a lot of new other soldiers and waves of terrorists, black ops, etc.

And much much more!
Flak of Power +10 [Powerups: 3 Sturdy, 2 infs, 1 Healing, 1 Vorpal, 1 Lucky, 1 Poison 5x, 1 Protection 5x, 1 Retaliation x5, 1 Retention, 1 Super Force, 2 Speed 5x, 2 Damage 5x, 2 Energy 5x, 1 Penetrating, 1 Razorbomb]

Valtarre
Super Spammer

Post by Valtarre » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Man, I don't think I was out of middle school the last time this server got a patch. It'll be quite the shocker when this one comes out, but I bet it'll be as badass as you say it will ;)
Previously known as L337$niper, the super spammer.

Return to “Server News”