The Server Is Dead (But there is good news)

Check here for server status and maintenance.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Re: The Server Is Dead (But there is good news)

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:20 pm

gopostal wrote:I'm glad you guys are sorting things out.

Are you interested in using one of my servers as an 'interim' server just so you'll have a place to play until things are running again? I can convert my UT testing server to UT2K4 very easily (without losing anything) and GS allows physical relocation of the servers for free. It would give your guys a place to play and you won't be so 'under the gun' to get it done immediately. Use it till you don't need it any more and know that your server side files are secure. I've been in the UScene since it's start and I have access to a number of servers from freelancing support to guys who need it. In fact my email begins with "agut" and for the old farts you'll recognize alt.games.unrealtournament

If you are interested you can catch me in my teamspeak (site is in the sig) or PM me and I'll give you my cell. Small caveat you may need to know ahead of time though is that I'm coming off a nasty battle with Stg4 cancer. I'm fine but it left me with some facial disfigurement and I lost all my teeth. That makes my pronunciation a little labored at times (depending on the word) but on the whole I do fine. It's just sometimes I get a tiny bit slurred if I'm overly tired or sleepy.
Thank you very much for your generous offer. Unfortunately though I am having trouble reaching joeyz (the server founder) and I wouldn't be able to do any data migration without his permission. I'm also sorry to hear that you have cancer, though I'm glad to hear that it is in remission. I wish you many more days of UT awesomeness!
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

Archangel
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: The Server Is Dead (But there is good news)

Post by Archangel » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:50 pm

gopostal wrote: Small caveat you may need to know ahead of time though is that I'm coming off a nasty battle with Stg4 cancer.

Keep fighting......never stop. I've been in remission from Stage 3 brain cancer now for almost 3 yrs. Keep up the good fight.

Return to “Server News”