Is the forum boring? Tell us how we can improve!

The news here is relevant to ALL servers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

What new sections / features would you like to see added to the forum?

Gun owner's section
14%
Console game system section
7%
Portable game system section
No votes
Favorite movies section
7%
Favorite TV shows discussion
7%
Pet discussion section
14%
Political section
7%
Automobile section
7%
Motorcycle section
No votes
Youtube favorites compilation (by genre; comedy, action...ect)
7%
Social networking integration
No votes
Cooking section
No votes
PC self-build section
29%

Total votes: 14

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Is the forum boring? Tell us how we can improve!

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:22 pm

Hello Everyone,

The forum's main source of survival and visitation derives from the success of our innovative servers for both Battlefield 2 and Unreal Tournament 2004. What I want to accomplish though is this forum being able to cater to everyone with features, topics and different subjects that interest them. So that's why I am asking for your help. Have you wanted to have a specific game to talk about? Is there a certain hobby that interests you that you would like to have your own space for? Post your suggestions below and I will create a poll. The topics that get the most votes will be implemented. Remember to consult the Forum Rules before you make any suggestions. I will create some example polls to get us started. Remember to vote for whatever interests you.

****UPDATE****

So far I have implemented:

Skype plugin - (put your skype name in your profile settings then open skype and go to "tools -> options -> privacy -> allow my online status to be shown on the web". After you do this your online status will be displayed on the forum. With this mod if you click someones skype icon it will either launch a chat or a call depending on what the user selected.

Chatroom - It is implemented at the bottom of the page and you must be logged into the forum.

National flags - go into your profile and set the country you are from.

People sign - a new CAPTCHA system that is easy for humans but very difficult for bots.

Unfortunately these new additions ONLY work in the prosilver style. I am trying to implement them on to all of the styles but so far I am having no luck.
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

NumbWarri0r
BF3 Server Admin
BF3 Server Admin

Re: Is the forum boring? Tell us how we can improve!

Post by NumbWarri0r » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:49 pm

I think having a PC section would be a nice addition. The section could have topics such as people's builds, tutorials, help to pick out parts, etc... Would be welcome addition in my book.

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:12 am

Ya the pc build section would be the only one I'm interested in.

Did you just add this forum and move posts to it? http://www.gamingmadness.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=35
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:03 pm

ZombieSlayer wrote:Ya the pc build section would be the only one I'm interested in.

Did you just add this forum and move posts to it? http://www.gamingmadness.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=35
No that has been there for quite some time.
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:48 am

The pet discussion forum is now live.

Return to “Website News”