Grey_Imposter

This is the place to go if you have questions about the server/forum rules or how to play effectively on the server.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Grey

Grey_Imposter

Post by Grey » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:45 pm

Why does my in game name read Grey_ Impostor?

How do i change it to Grey and can my exp be transferred over? On a side note - I also do not receive any exp points for a win.

Grey

Re: Grey_Imposter

Post by Grey » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:09 pm

Anyone...Buler?

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:10 pm

main reasons
1. because you use a name which i think more than 100 players used before you, so you cant be the original.
2. because someone else uses your cd key and name and was here before you
3. if you are the original, and theres no other "grey" here, then you changed
your cdkey and/or stats-name and/or stats-password, or maybe instead of changing it manually
you can also lose it when ut crashes for some reason and the user.ini is destroyed and ut is overwriting
the defekt or lost user.ini with the default.ini
*note: if you have perfect settings for your game, search ut2k4/system-folder. you find user.ini and default.ini
there. delete or rename default.ini and replace it with a copy of the renamed user.ini. now ut can crash as much as it
want. you will allways have a ccorrect working user.ini

ats
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:17 pm

well if you dont find cd key or your old statspassword and name your game.char will be lost and cant be transfered.
why you didnt earn the 1k exp for a map win is a first, never heard about that, except you allways join as "dead" spectating player in last wave (means if you joinin last wave, and someone is dead, you cant join the game so you are not logged to your stats)

ats

Grey

Post by Grey » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:42 pm

Cd key is the correct one that came with my game - Been using it since 2005.
I just built my current game rig and re-installed about 30 days ago, but this was prior to playing on this server. I have had the name Grey since 2007 and have not changed anything with the name or password. :(

I do know that I connected the first time as Grey, then switched servers back to DW-ONS, after that I was Grey_Imposter.

Do you know if there is anyway to transfer my imposter exp/stat points to my Grey32107 name?

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:33 pm

generally it would be possible, but i dont think you manage to beg joey that long that he fix that.. in that time you will gain your old level back more easy, you have advantage to know now how to play.. its not really possible to play as imposter when your cd-key is correct and your stats name AND your stats password in settings is same like in 2005. only reason now would be someone using your key and name first before you log in. if you reinstall your old user.ini is lost if you didnt save it and overwrite the original defaults. so i still only can guess you wrote a letter wrong in the stats-name/passowrd settings..

ats

ps.: there was a stats-reset looooooooooong time ago, if you logged in before that your name shouldnt be working active anymore

Return to “Monster Madness Player Guide”