High scores, noobs, and hiders

Have Cool Screenshots From In Game? Post Them Here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

draegohn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

High scores, noobs, and hiders

Post by draegohn » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:48 pm

well, i suppose i make this post to address something that border always keeps reminding me about every time he is on and sees a new score i posted. yes, many times when i score high it is because there are less better players or higher levelled players around, and in the case of bluzies, one who will hide and not be exposed to the chaos . it is logical that with my experience and ability, i will snatch away most monsters than most will. but really, one needs to consider then how much more is on the higher player to carry the map through too.

take for instance this score i am going to post. mario, most wide open map of them all, almost everyone being all low levels or hiders. and its propensity to lag @..@. and then all the freaking wands and lazers that can get you from across the map. i was able to summon 6 times, and each of them were eitherr grenades of some type, flare launcher, or avril. but i had a high-slot mp5 i golded at map start. this is what i started with, and what i ended with. its not easy to use this gun in later waves, lucifers, effigies, demons, etc take a lot of strikes to kill while being open to attack as you concentrate on them. i rarely hide even in most dire circumstances, and even with mp5, i will be one to take on a wand knowing if it is let go too long, it could wipe out the team. most wands spawn and shoot at me because joey has programmed such monsters with powerful guns to spawn and give attention to those with highest score, high level, and the amount of damage the player's own gun can do.

anyways, here are piccies:

look now, an 11k+ score with mp5! i tested something this time...seeing if queens could keep triple damage going to the next wave. yes, i used the regular triple damage i got at this moment, and it went all the way to the end of wave 17, and i bet it only ended this early because the last monster was hidden in the water near a castle and didn't show up on radar until you were right on top of it. otherwise, i probably could have kept it going to wave 19 or 20. i tried a fire rune i had on wave 18 to see if the flames really do kill spiders fast. sadly, it seems it doesn't, and halfway through the map i got wanded across the map, twice. bluzies and other hider-snipers helped save the wave.

anyways, truly, it is not easy to play with less players or one or two high levels with a bunch of low levels. i actually like when fewer are on, or more low-levels, since it means greater challenge. even today came a cool thing on neinfinal. my first map of the day, it was axe, deadly_kisses, and two others. us 5 won the map, but it was not easy in the least, and only 2 hid. axe, like me, likes to just go at it o..o/

one example of showing weapon setup/skill versus power weapons came in the warzone map a few days ago. all i got from the center weapons locker was a bio rifle wop +10. i golded the mp5 and used it awhile, but i got a weapon spread early the 2nd wave. so i decided to try something in this confined map. all bio rifle! and you know what..with +10 damage, 5 rages, and superforce, the green gooey spread i was making had i as high scorer even over those with flaks and one with a super shock (regular). ask reyalp and syn about this one ;} sadly, on wave 18 the map crashed..and i had acquired an ehnced triple damage. i was totally going to cause a sludgey victory. then another example of weapon configuration skills came today on the pooltable map. i summoned nhanced ssr wave 2, and by wave 4, we all collected W-A-N-D. so, i set up a challenge..enhanced ssr versus wands. i beat them all, and i didn't even have a superspeed. i was just 1000 points only ahead of reyalp though, so it was a close one. anyways, adding the rages to an enhanced ssr along with +10 damage will make it just as strong as a wand with +10 damage. but..its primary fire can vamp, and thats what kept me alive well and the rest in constant danger.

holy crap, i am rambling! anyways, the main thing is that yes, scoring high when many good players and high levelers are on is hard, but behind good scores, even those with many new people and low levels, as have been posted are people with innate ability to not just play strong, but know how to handle their weapons and artifacts if they are used.

this is one of the things that makes this server spectacular, is that it puts to use many facets of gameplay and intelligence to make for a unique gaming experience every map..and that anything can happen!
Last edited by draegohn on Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheSynGame
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TheSynGame » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:05 pm

Ok I'm gonna post this so people don't have to waste time testing.

Spiders give off the most adren, followed by small titans, and a tie between normal titans and queens.

Boss monsters give off the least adren.

draegohn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by draegohn » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:23 pm

man i make horrible typos in my posts at times. hi syn! i meant my test on wave 18 of the fire rune on spiders was to see if the fire hurt them badly enough fo instakill, as someone said it does. it doesn't. but they did die faster then the effigies and shiny dragons do from it.

thanks for the adrenaline information share, though ^,,^

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:29 pm

wtf? alt-fire with essr? i can only zoom and primary fire then, so altfire dont give me vamp???!!?? or what???

btw did you recognize bluzes is old-level-player? i guess she didnt like to restart...

hwsb
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by hwsb » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:46 pm

^ joey fixed all the old-timers that didn't reset... :vom:

draegohn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by draegohn » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:56 pm

amy..what are you talking about? o..o

i meant most people are accustomed to using wand's primary fire, and with the wand's alt fire being so slow, vamping can be..not so easy. but with the enhanced ssr, it vamps period, and with the rages on it, becomes as strong as a +10 damage wand so as long as you have 3-5 rages on along with +10 damage on the essr

really? bluzies is on the old system still? i'll have to ask next time i see her to make sure

airrrr man
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by airrrr man » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:09 pm

im still on the old system
Hi.

border_2
BANNED
BANNED

these high scores with no balance and many noobs!

Post by border_2 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:00 am

If you dont play with 14 or more players and if half of the players are noobs dont post it your weak.Show us that you can score 10k with atleast two or three level 200 and show me some balance like my 10k which had 10 people or more with 1k and all but three lived!For real dreagohn and t money all these scores are in the morning when the heavey hitters are at work making money your at home with kids playing!Show me one of these games guys or qiut bragging about nothing.
Killing illegals one alien at a time!

draegohn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by draegohn » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:17 am

you need to go back some pages and peek through more, bordery, most but not all of the scores are with ~14 people or so, and with level 200+ players besides myself. anyways, if someone hasn't maxed db by level 170, which includes more then enough people then, then there is an issue with their setup. remember, its the db and the damage of weapon strength done that gets the high numbers. just look at the most recent score i submitted with ak47...i have less kills than many of my other scores, but 13k..thats because ak's base damage coupled with all the damage pus really makes it soar.

and how about earlier today on stalwart map. you couldn't even pass my score when i was using mp5, even on 12 when i found razor bomb and you using your ssr mini you got wave 2 until we reached wave 16 ;} even after 16, you were still just 200-400 points ahead until i lost my weapon on the wave 19 wand death. talk about "weak." if someone can't get a major lead with a super weapon, then your fighting strategy needs reevaluated rather than criticizing trivial things like this.

your score you submitted with ssr mini on skatepark map was only a bit impressive, definitely not on such an open, yet confined map. i watched you use the ssr today and i see why you can't do well with it. you use primary fire the entire time, which is scattered and will miss not-so-big monsters while people who need to actually aim will be getting them faster. ssr mini is the noob superkiller weapon because most with lazy fingers just use primary fire. when i have it, i use alt fire on most waves except 16 and 19. put me on skatepark with ssr mini from an early wave with at least 12 slots and 17 of the other highest levels here, and i will outdo that score easily ;} its the most powerful gun for base damage, and if i can put +10 damage and couple rages, and on that map, there is no stopping me from breaking 13k even if the server's best and highest level players are on. your skatepark map supports this as well as my latest score...not as many kills as other high scores show, but higher score nonetheless. its the damage done, not the kills and you need to learn this. thats why i like when other players submit score, because getting something high with a weapon that is not ak, wand, enhanced ssr, or mini ssr is most impressive.

regardless, scores still hold on maps of at least 10 people, with good and higher level players on as well, they too will be trying to kill just as intensely and should be enough competitionfor getting the monsters, especially if they have a good weapon too. you have played with me and money many times now with full or near full servers to see that there is more to doing fantastic than just running and gunning, its the strategy of gun development, enemy selection, and knowing the best times to apply artifacts if one has any.

i posted this score in this topic i made to show how a normal weapon with mostly low-level players can go, because really 11k with mp5 in this situation is still damn good :P

border_2
BANNED
BANNED

dreagohn cant see the scoreboard

Post by border_2 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:29 pm

So you say on stalwart i only past you by 300 points with my ssr well i to can take screeshots so look at this and tell another lie draegohn.You get your high games in the morning with noobs and you know it dont make me post the screens.But as far a my fighting strategy its not to exploit the low number of players and playing in the noob hours!You should get a job writing you act like a bit the way you write so much man up!its very posible you suffer from an infiority complex the way you talk about your skill and how you could always have done better than the other guy.Your what we call the 1 upper guy your secret is out little di !
Killing illegals one alien at a time!

Return to “Shots Of The Day”