ban apeal [Resolved]

Just been BANNED or KICKED from the server and don't know why? Appeal to be unbanned from the server here, or find out why you were kicked/banned.
BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:15 pm

I personally never really cared about the "Typing in caps issue" its still text, just larger...

Anyway, if someone says you are typing in caps type something like "test" then press F2 and bring up your chat log, if its in caps then press "CapsLock" and type "test" again and press F2 and this time "test" should be in lower case.
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:45 pm

It's a resolution thing (ie you set your screen resolution too low in settings/display) that causes all text to be in caps.

Also playing in windows mode can cause the all caps phenomenon if the window size is too small.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:50 pm

You should be able to play now pacman. Check your resolution (settings/display) and/or don't play in windows mode :D
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:47 pm

ZombieSlayer wrote:You should be able to play now pacman. Check your resolution (settings/display) and/or don't play in windows mode :D
btw "windows mode", this is what happens to me when i try to make in-game-screenshots (F9) in windows-mode (non-regular resolution, like 973x869....)

ats
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

DroolingPacman

Post by DroolingPacman » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:09 pm

Thanks alot guys, i will try all the suggestions you gave and see if it fixes ill post if it dose or not here.
signatures are for the weak

[iX]AnnaBeaver
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by [iX]AnnaBeaver » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:59 pm

Wow Amy!! I've never seen anything that kooky...and it be just attributed to screen resolution :shock: Although, I will say, that about a month after I reinstalled ut2004 on my new hard drive, the screenshot stopped working and takes only solid black screen images. However, I did join my own server in a game of AS, and it took a screenshot just fine on there. So, I'm really not knowing why I get black screens on joeyz server :-k

DroolingPacMan....I thought you just told me that you fixed the issue and posted what it was :-k I'm not sure I see where you revealed the issue :????:
AnnaBeavers Website: Pyxis Media (Under Construction)
UT2004 MM Invasion Server Aministrator

Archangel
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Archangel » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:03 pm

Anna, what kind of Video card do you have?........If it's a nVidia card, try installing the latest drivers. That's a known issue with the 8 series cards. (was happening with me and I did a lil research into it)

[iX]AnnaBeaver
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by [iX]AnnaBeaver » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:43 pm

I'm using the Nvidia GeForce 7000 GS HD 512mb AGP. The only problem that I've had so far with this card...is when ut is downloading..and it's a black screen with progress on it...when I move my mouse up and down....there is a thin, thin broken white line across my screen following the position of my mouse pointer....the line is horizontal, but when I move my mouse...the line only moves vertically :-k . I didn't have that issue with my previous card. But whatever it is....it sure annoys me...LOL!!
AnnaBeavers Website: Pyxis Media (Under Construction)
UT2004 MM Invasion Server Aministrator

BoneofMalkav
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by BoneofMalkav » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:20 pm

[iX]AnnaBeaver wrote:I'm using the Nvidia GeForce 7000 GS HD 512mb AGP. The only problem that I've had so far with this card...is when ut is downloading..and it's a black screen with progress on it...when I move my mouse up and down....there is a thin, thin broken white line across my screen following the position of my mouse pointer....the line is horizontal, but when I move my mouse...the line only moves vertically :-k . I didn't have that issue with my previous card. But whatever it is....it sure annoys me...LOL!!
I get that all the time with my ati radeon X1950 pro,it only happens when I have AA up past 2 or 4
Like Helter Skelter,And son of Sam.
By the days end you'll know who I am.I spill your blood on the Hollywood Boulevard.I won't rest until your headless.

Dog Fashion Disco-Headless

[WOH]Hobbie
Private
Private

Post by [WOH]Hobbie » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:31 pm

Um amy can I offer a suggestion? Don't play in window mode please.

Return to “UT2004 Server Removal”