I, too, have been banned.

Just been BANNED or KICKED from the server and don't know why? Appeal to be unbanned from the server here, or find out why you were kicked/banned.
Arget
Private
Private

I, too, have been banned.

Post by Arget » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:28 pm

Hey there!

I've been permanently banned from your server.
Here is my information:

My ut2004 name: »)Añgél(«øFCèÌérïty
IP Address: 192.168.1.100

The reason I've been banned on your server was because one day a WebAdmin was online on your server, his identity of which I'm not sure. I asked him if there was a way I could transfer the stats of my old account, `ÄrGêT!, to the CD key I'm currently using. The reason I'm using a new CD key is because my old one was UTAN banned or whatever. Basically I didn't have access to about 70% of the servers. To this day I'm not sure why it was banned. Anywho, he told me to go on the forums and post my name and CD key and whatnot. Obviously, I was skeptical about posting my CD key on a public forum, seeing how one of my keys had already been banned. About 2 minutes later he came back asking me why my CD key was banned. I told him I didn't know why, and that I suspected it was stolen. He said something along the lines of "Do you think I'm stupid? Tell me the truth or I can't help you." Don't quote me on that, I have a horrible memory, but it sounded something like that. I told him again my thoughts on it, and he said he'd see about that. Again, he came back about two minutes later saying something like "You messed with the wrong DOG." Then I was banned. I suspect he found my name associated with a list of botters, or on a list of names associated with a single CD key. Not saying that I do bot, because I don't. My friends had sent me a list of both of these earlier, so I believe this was the reason I was banned.

So, if you don't mind, please unban me. And if not, please reply explaining why and the real reason I was banned in the first place. And if you need my old CD key, please send me a private message or something.
Thank you in advance :D
Last edited by Arget on Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arget
Private
Private

Post by Arget » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:14 am

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that both keys are legit. I bought both of them out of the Unreal Anthology packs.

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:45 pm

This will be looked into, until it then the ban stays in place.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

Arget
Private
Private

Post by Arget » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:55 pm

I know I said ths above, but thank you :D

Archangel
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Archangel » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:49 pm

A UTAN ban is pretty serious and not taken lightly.

Arget
Private
Private

Post by Arget » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:05 pm

Yeah, which is why I bought a new CD key. It's rather frustrating getting such a heavy ban through no fault of your own. If you really need more evidence, I can send you photos of both of the Unreal Anthology boxes, and the CD key tags inside of them. I'll only PM/email them to an administrator though.

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:12 pm

Still waiting on a reply from the person that banned you.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:31 pm

I never got a reply so I lifted the ban.

Arget
Private
Private

Post by Arget » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:23 pm

Alright, thank you very much. Lemme know if you need anything further regarding this.

Return to “UT2004 Server Removal”