Hi, neat server

New here? Well welcome to the Forum! Come create a thread, introduce yourself, and read about your team mates from the server.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

DW>Fry

Hi, neat server

Post by DW>Fry » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:14 am

I've just started a character, and wanted to stop in here to say hello and thanks for running your server. What I love about UT2004 is the variety in game options and maps, especially the user-created content... and WoP has PLENTY of variety.

Actually I have played here a few times before, according to GameTracker I first logged briefly in January 2008 as my old name SVA>Frylock[OMNI]. Still trying to figure out Invasion at the time, I found the powerup system overwhelming, but now I see the power and potential of it. Very cool, and judging by how well it plays I'm sure you've spent a heck of a lot of time developing it.

See you on the server.

DW>Fry

Frylock Skin

Post by DW>Fry » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:22 am

Oh, in case anyone wants to see the skin that I usually use, it can be found at: http://cheap-shot.net/skinhtml/frylock.html

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:31 am

Hey Fry :D

Just a note, we don't allow custom voice packs to be used. I haven't bothered downloading your skin to see if it contains it's own voice pack.

In short those players that don't have the voice pack you use get client side lag as UT searches your entire hard drive trying to find it each time it comes into use.

For some stupid reason they didn't follow the logic with the skins where if UT doesn't find the skin in the first search it automatically defaults to Jacob.

If they would have done that with the voices it wouldn't be an issue.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

slayerdrango
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by slayerdrango » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:58 am

I was under the impression that we could NOT use and custom skins or Voice packs ... only default ones that the server knows about. and only MAYBE when the new version come Maybe!!!
|-( :bored:

WTF <over>

Welcome anyways Fry see ya online.. ;)
:sniper: :lmg:

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:25 am

Custom skins are ok for now. Once V.180 goes live any custom skin or voice pack you use will automatically be nulled. Which means a lot of Jacobs running around using Male Mercenary (I think that's what Joey decided on) voices :D

At least until we release an official Monster Madness skin/voice pack ;)
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

Return to “Introduce Yourself”