Map Repair

Maps that didn't pass Joey's Map Lag Analyzer will be posted here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Map Repair

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:02 pm

Hello Everyone,

The maps that didn't pass Joey's map analyzer can be posted in this thread. Special thanks to ZombieSlayer for the idea of making this forum.

If you know how to edit or repair maps and you would like to help out your services will be greatly appreciated.

Maps that are "Fixed or Repaired" are maps that contain atleast 20 player starts that are not placed on weapon lockers or health spawns. Path nodes need to be in every part of a map that a monster is desired to go. PLEASE NO PATH NODES OR PLAYER STARTS BY WATER BECAUSE MONSTERS THAT DONT HAVE ANY SWIM ANIMATIONS THROW ERRORS=LAG. Also make sure that every room or hallway is correctly zoned for map optimization. If a map has alot of static meshes in it be sure to put anti portals inside walls. **NOTE** MAKE SURE ANTI PORTALS CANT BE TOUCHED OR REACHED BY PLAYERS OR MONSTERS YOU WILL GET A HUGE LAGGY GLASS EFFECT.
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

virussick
Corporal
Corporal

Post by virussick » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:22 pm

sure ill help out to fix some maps
Beer - The reason I wake up every afternoon.

DeathBringer
Corporal
Corporal

Post by DeathBringer » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:24 pm

ill help you guys :) anything for no lagg

Ortega
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Ortega » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:49 pm

I will help...just need to learn alittle more. I have plenty of time at work...Best thing...I would get paid to do it...sorry for the rest of you...
Later all!

ekay
Private
Private

Post by ekay » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:01 am

Is there a list somewhere of the maps taken off for repair?
If there was a sticky with a list of maps, then mappers can easily drop by, snatch a map, fix it, then reload it back here.

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:48 pm

Get skype (free) and contact Cj_Blaster or ZombieSlayer2k4. We're not using the forums anymore due to lack of communication :D

ekay
Private
Private

Post by ekay » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:37 am

Why not post a sticky for map fixing. In it state the requirments for map fixing (in general), and the format for how to post a thread with the fixed version. eg;
1) maps need at least 20 player starts, with prefferably seperate monster spawn points
2) no pathnodes/spawn points near water
3) etc

Then in the second post of the sticky have the list of maps that you continously update with links to where the maps can be found (usually they remain here)
If some maps need some specific changes you can put description next to the map name in brackets (on the map list post).

This will probably be alot easier for mappers to drop by, have a look at the list, grab the map they want to fix and work on it. It'll also be usefull for none mappers to see what maps are in the queue to be fixed, so they can complain and moan untill someone does it.

I cant be bothered to download skype, infact I dont even use msn messenger anymore.

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:59 am

Yea we tried that way for awhile. Too many people working on the same maps.

The new way is easier. Cj gets the entire list. Sends me and Jayseth a bunch.

Nobody else afaik is working on maps. Cj and Jayseth are doing more coding than mapping, so I'm kinda the only one mapping more than coding.

You'll need a place to upload the maps you fix to. Then Cj will download it, test it, and if it passes, pass it along to Joey. Then Joey will put it on the server and one of use will put it in cycle to play.

Return to “Map Repair”