Roboto and 1on1-Gael_v24

Maps that didn't pass Joey's Map Lag Analyzer will be posted here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Renegade
Private
Private

Roboto and 1on1-Gael_v24

Post by Renegade » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:56 am

Both are insanely laggy, with or without the presence of monsters.

I actually have a pretty good rig that pegs 85fps online with all stock maps and most customs and I was barely pushing 30 on both of these.

Crap, there's two others that need some patchwork regarding monsters falling off and surviving. One is the top of a skyscraper that has 2 tanks at opposite ends and the other is egyptian themed with a large Anubis head with a SuperShield just outside the mouth

Several times monsters have gotten knocked off and survive falling below. It takes either a lot of spam from everyone or a high level player to drop down

TheSynGame
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TheSynGame » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:12 am

both training days. There's no reason I should be having 30 fps when I got over 90-100.

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Re: Roboto and 1on1-Gael_v24

Post by Amy Infless » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:06 pm

Renegade wrote: Several times monsters have gotten knocked off and survive falling below. It takes either a lot of spam from everyone or a high level player to drop down
i love to use knocks, pulls or props in that map to knock them away and down. pick up deemer, resup it, and kill the monsters on bottom, take this a challenge :-)

ats
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

Renegade
Private
Private

Post by Renegade » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:45 pm

True, but just the other night not only did a monster get knocked off the edge, but also into a building that noone could reach

TheMadDJ
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by TheMadDJ » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:15 am

Skyscrapin XL is your rooftop map. And as usual the easiest way to avoid this problem is DON'T USE KNOCKBACK OR PROPS.

That. Simple.

Renegade
Private
Private

Post by Renegade » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:12 am

Problem is the tanks do the same thing on the small yet high health monsters

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:12 pm

like i said, pick up deemers and kill them :-) for the ones in building ok thats a problem, if you are lucky its in some of them which are open like ca. 2 meters at bottom, so you maybe have luck and hunt womprats, ehrm... predators with deemers in these buildings like i just did 30 minutes ago...:-)

if no admin is there you can also try fly pu in combination with ghost/ability/pu, suicide and with luck you ghost through that building and stop in building, if you are fast enough switch to wep with fly-pu.. but i think this is like a 1:1000-chance to do...:-)

its similar to my idea, when we had wand-super-soldiers (the only telefragables) beeing able to gold translocators, than put reflections or instas and prot5 in and try it, you still can be killed if trans is shot, but you may stay allive in front of it :-)
(note: long time ago we were able to gold trans...)

ats
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

Return to “Map Repair”