Questions about server changes

General discussion.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Scion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Scion » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:16 am

Meh I would rather just globe into a vortex and watch myself have a little party inside. I have had a few funny times with vortex, one time I got picked up and tossed across map, one time I got pulled right out of a building into it (that wasn't fun :P), and a few times I got pulled through but luckily ressed far away enough to avoid another serving of death :P.
Sometimes a crazy move is the best move.

TMoney96
BANNED
BANNED

Post by TMoney96 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:33 pm

Hmm, I don't see anything new up there. Everything you guys mentioned (Beast Amy Scion etc) was at the server long before i quit lol.

TMoney96
BANNED
BANNED

Re: Questions about server changes

Post by TMoney96 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:45 pm

SirBeast wrote:
YES! Now it is COMPLETELY random based on ONE summon - using more than 1 on a single weapon is a waste. If you use 3 summons - each on a different wop - you will summon 3 different weapons. The chance still exists to summon NO weapons, tho that is rare.
LoL Beast, not to be rude but its been like that for like 2 years,,, when I STARTED playing at the server it was like that. Maybe you forgot when I quit playing? It was earlier this year like in spring i think, maybe in May. So from playing, I have seen the new pu, like the team shield and bunkers.
Those are the only new things I have seen, and oddly enough noone mentioned them! That and that sentinels are on when the server crashes. Its funny that after all this time there still isnt a new flak or mini PU. Just the same two for the flak. And yet there are 6 for the rl and like 5 for the shock, etc. No sniper or benelli PU yet either!??!? Those guns are sitll 100% useless for wop lol. And, the Lightning gun's powerup disrupter still doesnt work lol. I don't think the server really needs any changes but they could at least get rid of the PU that do nothing, as in piercing and the disrupter for example. I just think its kind of funny that after like 7 months and all that talk about new powerups for the benelli flak and minigun, nothing has changed! Less talk more action I say. I don't know I am kind of in a shitty mood right now so, I'll end with this: I hope that UT3 see's an invasion addon, like ut2003 did. Thats where it came from, an official patch for that game if yall didnt know. It's good to take a mod like weapon of power and start from scratch. I tried doing that this summer but quit after a few hours of messing around. It's too tricky, Ive never figured out how to mod for the newer UT games.

SirBeast
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by SirBeast » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:51 pm

UT3 already has an Invasion MOD available for it, as well as an RPG MOD which is up and runnning well on the NIR server. I too can't wait for the WoP MOD to be developed, then for some1 to get the bright idea to put all 3 together...
I will consistently sacrifice political correctness for an attempt at humor. If ya can't deal, then ya need ta stop being ign'ant.

Sig by the awesome AnnaBeaver

Scion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Scion » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:15 pm

I can't wait till Joey is done with the patch that will definitely make some changes to Monster Madness.
Sometimes a crazy move is the best move.

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:09 pm

I know for a fact that piercing works. Piercing is designed to go through queen shields (in the next patch it should work on any monsters shields ... if Joey didn't forget :D ) only and it only works on mp5, mini, and flak.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

Chuckles
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Chuckles » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:51 am

ZombieSlayer wrote:I know for a fact that piercing works. Piercing is designed to go through queen shields (in the next patch it should work on any monsters shields ... if Joey didn't forget :D ) only and it only works on mp5, mini, and flak.
Piercing or penetration? Piercing loads into any gun last i recall, so you are saying it only "works" when loaded into those 3 weapons? or am I getting them confused (Braeburn page seems to ahve vanished), when I see Piercing, I think if the arrow/hook/sideways anchor looking icon and penetration is the one with the shot going the the heads of 3 stick people, penetration being the one that only works in mini, zen b, shock and mp5(tho sometimes to get it in mp5 you have to unload and put it in first)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"One is easily fooled by that which one loves."
- Moliere

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:23 am

Chuckles wrote:...penetration being the one that only works in mini, zen b, shock and mp5(tho sometimes to get it in mp5 you have to unload and put it in first)
it works in turbolaser, wand, (e)ssr too....still dunno if these weapons (wand/(e)ssr) are "castrated" for the mod so penetr. is helpfull or
if they have penetrating "implemented" like the "original" instagib (ssr)...

you need to unload mp5 and put it first in cause proxies cant be combined with penetrating, but pene can be combined with proxies...

ats
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:14 am

Chuckles wrote:
ZombieSlayer wrote:I know for a fact that piercing works. Piercing is designed to go through queen shields (in the next patch it should work on any monsters shields ... if Joey didn't forget :D ) only and it only works on mp5, mini, and flak.
Piercing or penetration? Piercing loads into any gun last i recall, so you are saying it only "works" when loaded into those 3 weapons?
It only works on those 3 weapons.

Penetrating only works on mp5 and mini gun. Something about the projectiles and the piercing/penetrating code conflicting with other weapons.

This was actually discovered by accident when Joey and I were talking about a .50 cal pu for the mini gun sometime back (3 months at least because his baby girl hadn't yet been born).

Yes the pus can be placed on other weapons, but they don't do anything but take up a pu slot. At the time of our discussion we weren't able to come up with a "quick" fix and Joey said he'd put it in his notes.

So maybe it will be fixed in the next patch :)
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

Archangel
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Archangel » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:55 am

ZombieSlayer wrote:
Chuckles wrote:
Piercing or penetration? Piercing loads into any gun last i recall, so you are saying it only "works" when loaded into those 3 weapons?
It only works on those 3 weapons.

Penetrating only works on mp5 and mini gun. Something about the projectiles and the piercing/penetrating code conflicting with other weapons.

This was actually discovered by accident when Joey and I were talking about a .50 cal pu for the mini gun sometime back (3 months at least because his baby girl hadn't yet been born).

Yes the pus can be placed on other weapons, but they don't do anything but take up a pu slot. At the time of our discussion we weren't able to come up with a "quick" fix and Joey said he'd put it in his notes.

So maybe it will be fixed in the next patch :)
Now, I'm just wondering how many OTHER PU's donothing but fill a slot.....

Return to “UT2004 General Discussion”