Prevent Switching weapons.

General discussion.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

KNC
Private
Private

Prevent Switching weapons.

Post by KNC » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:16 am

So if ammo runs out the game will always automatically switch wepons. Which kinda pisses me off in some situations :@ , is there any way to prevent this?

Cadmium
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Re: Prevent Switching weapons.

Post by Cadmium » Fri May 20, 2011 11:20 am

But I love it when Deemer spammers blow themselves up! (devil)

KNC
Private
Private

Post by KNC » Mon May 23, 2011 12:30 am

Cadmium wrote:But I love it when Deemer spammers blow themselves up! (devil)
Hehe fat chance. I blew myself up once in MM. That was as far as I recall before I reached 200. Even if I get myself a bit of damage I'm not as dumb as to blow myself up. Also I don't exactly like deemer that much but since I usually summon Avril/Turbo Laser/Grenade Launcher/Mine Layer with an totally awesome ratio of above 90% I usually end up with ####### RLs or Flak practically always when I get down to play a round. And I still prefer deemer over that when I can get one. It's just annoying and I yet again don't understand how this is coded a way it can't be initially changed within game settings. Doh dammit.

It's annoying to avoid switching but given I don't get anything better I just like to stay in the rain of fire, be it nukes or deemers :evil:

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Mon May 23, 2011 3:03 am

It could be changed, but then you'd lose that bit of difficulty and it's already too damn easy.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

[iX]AnnaBeaver
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by [iX]AnnaBeaver » Mon May 23, 2011 4:32 pm

LOL Zombie. You can edit the settings in the UT2004 Menu which will apply to all gametypes. Uncheck Auto Switch.
AnnaBeavers Website: Pyxis Media (Under Construction)
UT2004 MM Invasion Server Aministrator

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Mon May 23, 2011 8:42 pm

I know, but it's already pretty damn easy as it is, having your weapon switch when you run out of ammo is the only way to go.

I'd like to try it out with no infinities just resupply pus and ammo pickups :D
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

pissed
Private
Private

Post by pissed » Tue May 24, 2011 11:54 pm

You didnt tell for what weapon; as for the Redeemer there exist a lil (guide-mode-)bug
(is it really one?), which turns it into non-switching.

pi²

KNC
Private
Private

Post by KNC » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:47 pm

ZombieSlayer wrote:I know, but it's already pretty damn easy as it is, having your weapon switch when you run out of ammo is the only way to go.

I'd like to try it out with no infinities just resupply pus and ammo pickups :D
Yeah the server is too easy, that would be one possible reason not too change the setting.

Also having a few non-superweapons that couldn't be modified with inf which would instead fire especially strong bursts when you have the ammo would be totally cool.

And at least my UT2004 does not have a setting to change Auto Switch ingame. Any idea where the file with this setting is, or how this guide-whatever works?

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:32 pm

KNC wrote: And at least my UT2004 does not have a setting to change Auto Switch ingame. Any idea where the file with this setting is
:

Go to: UT2004\System\User.ini

And search for "bNeverSwitchOnPickup="

Make sure to set that to "True"
KNC wrote:or how this guide-whatever works?
I believe you are referring to the redeemer guided firing bug. I cannot elaborate on that subject :P
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

pissed
Private
Private

Post by pissed » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:56 pm

KNC wrote:Any idea where the file with this setting is, or how this guide-whatever works?
There is "Weapon switch on pickup" in settings = "bNeverSwitchOnPickup=True/False" in user.ini

I guess thats what AB and PB meant and has different meaning.
That is not "NeverAutoswitchIfAmmoIsEmpty=True/False", to say it that way.
I also don´t have any autoswitch-settings ingame or hidden in the user.ini. Would be nice to know
what was meant. Maybe another game.

That "guide-whatever" works easy, but only works for the Redeemer, i think it can be told, after still
not many players reading forum.
If you fire the Redeemer x times in "guide-mode" (it´s that Redeemer-fire-mode where you can fly
slowly around with it in the view of it and enjoy it like a Sightseeing Tour on the map ;) ) it turns
into the no-waeponswitch-bug. Means, even with no ammo in the Redeemer it will not switch. So you
can instantly fire again when Resupply-PU ads one shot. The "x-factor" is unknown, sometimes it
turns into that bug-mode after 3 time i guided it, sometimes i can guide it 20 times and can still
switch to other weapons or its still autoswitching when empty. If you managed to get that "bug"
and you WANT switch weapons again, all you need to do is, toss the Redeemer and repick it. That
disables that "feature"... ...and like i said, it only works for Redeemer.

pi²

Return to “UT2004 General Discussion”