Liking the update :)

General discussion.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Cadmium
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Liking the update :)

Post by Cadmium » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:14 am

I played a little today, been forever. It's way more balanced since the new patch was first introduced. Tonight I was just playing with the stats etc... A lot of new options. Does Support invulnerability and support quad damage not work? I was excited to use that but I couldn't get it going. Also, I was surprised to see players 100 levels above me, it seems leveling is easier after 300 now.
Anyway, hopefully I'll get a chance to play a little more sooner than later. Good job guys!

Gothicize
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Liking the update :)

Post by Gothicize » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:40 am

Sweet. Look forward to playing with you and welcome back

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:40 pm

im still classless since in my opinion i dont see any "advantage" in using one of them. maybe except for the
medic tent which appears to be "stronger" than the bunkers/boxes/houses.

cant tell about invulnerable ability or quaddamage, both makes not really sense
when commander teamboost disables all double/tripple-dam--artifacts or pickups.
so you can use it maybe for 2 waves as long this commander ability is reloading...

good to know everyone gets the double dam boost now and also good to know it
IS really disabling artifacts so noone can run it anymore for 20 waves! if YOU vote
for commander just to be safe from that be sure ill try all to tell others to mutiny
you from commander...

and the invulnerability, well, like paintball said:
sawyer, vader, blue redeemerluzi and titans stomping on you > invulnerable and with that also > godmode!
maybe thats why you think it doesnt work..

but like i said, i didnt tested these things since i see no reason to vote for a class...
have lots of money to spent and dunno what ability to buy...

ats
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

Cadmium
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Cadmium » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:01 pm

Lol, I forgot that the longevity of the damage artifacts are affected by this commander thing. That kinda sucks, but oh well, just gotta be more strategic on when to use artifacts.
Ya I heard the globe doesn't work on everything, I haven't experienced it but that sucks too. I was talking about "support invulnerability" and "support quad damage, through one of the classes in my earlier post.
Anyway, ya after a few hours I decided to go classless too and spend the stats on other things. I'm curious to know if telekinesis is worth it, my thoughts probably not that well, but you never know.
Anyway I can't play for a few weeks, traveling, but I'll try it again sometime soon.

Gothicize
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Gothicize » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:24 pm

I've got no idea about the classes support. I have yet to see any good reason to spend any points into them. One man army one can't open the crate and if you get something good to start out with you can't juggle it with anyone.

Return to “UT2004 General Discussion”