carball knowledge part 2: wall methods and strategies

Do you know some good strategies to help your fellow team mates do better in game? Help us out. Post some in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

KnaveSkye
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by KnaveSkye » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:30 pm

I think i asked this befoer but never got a response really....when you play instant action, does your boost behave differently? mine would last much longer, allowing for many course changes from a single boost. As i said before, i could litteraly do multiple loops in the air off a single boost
"Never argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

"When all else fails, use fire"

Ortega
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Ortega » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:21 pm

I'm going to join in a game and call you a HACKER just for fun even though you will ignore what I say. So Draeghon got a mic. Couldn't live without being able to talk crap in Carball could YOU??????

Knave I'm not sure. I have been only able to do one Circle. I have seen people be able to do things that I couldn't image. I was watching a group of 6 carballers play. 5 were awesome. They would do a flip hit the ball with a pocket rocket and them flip the ball even futher with another Boost. But some people sould go to Youtube and just serach Carball. Watch the videos...CRAZY!!!!
Later all!

KnaveSkye
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by KnaveSkye » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:28 pm

Well, it doesnt work online, i mean instant action/offline play against bots. For some reason it seems to work differently there, instead of a 1 time push, its keeps on pushing allowing you to do loops in the air( or make the jump in racing 2 with one boost...easily.)
"Never argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

crayola
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by crayola » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:33 pm

KnaveSkye wrote:Well, it doesnt work online, i mean instant action/offline play against bots. For some reason it seems to work differently there, instead of a 1 time push, its keeps on pushing allowing you to do loops in the air( or make the jump in racing 2 with one boost...easily.)
i think somehow it should be able to change on settings like you would a mod try settings or go into the cb folder or ut ini.s and check the settings for it im not entirely sure since i uninstalled it for some reason a while ago
and that my internet tab, buddies tab doesnt work or freezes if pressed and alot of little problems for ut but im too lazy to reinstall atm LOL

General-Chainz
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by General-Chainz » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:08 pm

thas what i think but i havent tried the instant action thing yet either

Yeah I was playing cb on a diff server earlier and it was me and 1 other person a real carballer map was 5 a side i got owned hardcore 24-5 lol

its the dreaded air shots i havent got control of yet
but yeah I think I said it before

in a real cb server they dont play on the ground they stay in the air
Fool I'm a Vet You can bet That
I can Dance Underwater
And Not Get Wet ......Ice Cube

the velocity of my creativity is a reality in the proximity of the
vicinity relatively
to the Stability from the tranquility it all comes naturally F*** doin
it properly .....General-Chainz

And the Generals gave thanks...to the other Ranks....as they held back the enemy Tanks....for awhile ....Roger Waters

KnaveSkye
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by KnaveSkye » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:44 pm

While it can be painful the to play against a seasoned veteran of the carball servers, it can also be quite enlightening. Sometimes once they realize you are not much of a real threat, they will A. Start to show off and you might gleam a new trick or two just watching them or B. They will take the time to actually walk you through and teach you some of their tricks, this is how i eventually learned how to do a proper scoop(still perfecting it though) as well as the wheelie lift(still cant do this most of the time)(if you have no clue, its basically a boost into the ball, followed by a wheelie and another boost...rather than launching the ball, the ball does a controled rise with your vehicle, still sitting roughly right in front of your bumper, setting you up for a nice pocket rocket shot in mid air if you got one) But yah, worst that can happen playing pros is...you lose, but you will usually walk away a better player overall :wave:

General-Chainz
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by General-Chainz » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:19 pm

lol yeah
I dont mind losing cause I know they are way better.
Sloppy2nds he taught me how to do the boost and scoop everything else i jus watched peeps do it or did it myself

LMAO but yeah the cb vet was at first taking his time on scoring knowing I wasnt pro lol.
but it got funny he started hitting the ball right in my path so I would make my own goals . Then in the last minute every 2 seconds all you heard was "Blue Team Increases their lead" . I was like HAX!! lol j/k but it was funny. Watching players like that reminds me that there is so much more than ramming and running the ball down the court . Everything is playable the walls the backs of goals , way up in the air everywhere

oh yeah what made it even funnier it was a no damage match so weapons would bounce you all the way across the map good stuff good stuff
Fool I'm a Vet You can bet That
I can Dance Underwater
And Not Get Wet ......Ice Cube

the velocity of my creativity is a reality in the proximity of the
vicinity relatively
to the Stability from the tranquility it all comes naturally F*** doin
it properly .....General-Chainz

And the Generals gave thanks...to the other Ranks....as they held back the enemy Tanks....for awhile ....Roger Waters

Ortega
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Ortega » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:01 pm

We had the guy on the server for awhile. I can't remember his name. But he was showing me how to flip and use the boost or a P.R. to hit the ball. Blocking is a very coming thing that the Cberls use. Because their skill the players can block crazy shots. What we do is raming!HAHA

Also if we play enough CWO comes in and that is a fun match up against him.
Later all!

draegohn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by draegohn » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:10 pm

i actually spent a couple hours last night on a carball server with two others. one actualy was an expert carballer who has played on monster madness a few times, his name was rather familiar. now i forget it again, but it begins with f. the other one i played with was someone from this server who plays too, and i was surprised how good he was seeing as how i don't ever remember playing carball here with him around, only invasion. anyways, he taught me one scoop method, which i suck at still, but i got it working a few times :}

anyhow, i often do shot blocking methods using the items here during a game, but mainly, i try to use it more for offense unless the ball is close to the goal.

i had much fun playing one one one last night too. surely i have skill on the ground, but damn, i suck with the air-based play D:

Ortega
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Ortega » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:17 pm

dreaghon yeah that is the same person. Can't remember his name though. I know there is CWO and also the other guy with a F. Its like 10 letters long also.
Later all!

Return to “Monster Madness Strategy Guide”