carball knowledge part 2: wall methods and strategies

Do you know some good strategies to help your fellow team mates do better in game? Help us out. Post some in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

draegohn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by draegohn » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:55 pm

i usually save most pocket rockets and mines to use on the ball if i can to manipulate it, rather than kill others. the goo i almost always use just for killing :}

i admit, it does take patience and understanding to play the game as well, for even i often do stupid crap, usually by mistake, like bump someone on my team who has the ball and they lose control. often times, when a ball is on the other side of the map and seems busied by all players near it, i go back to my team's side to get soem powerups, and as i do that, i move camera view around to try and watch for there the ball goes. then suddenly, i find myself colliding into a teammate all alone way back there, and they are like "wtf are you doing!" because they think i was ramming them purposefully when i just had my camera turned around <,,< other times there is a bit of a fight for ball control, like many there by the ball on both sides, and i try to at least edge the ball in the direction wanted and can result in me messing up anotheer teammate's effort..and it can just be maddening x,,x what i dislike, though, is getting yelled at for messing up someone ball controll because someone else pushed me, i lost control of my vehicle, and hit the teammate with the ball.

hehe, oh well, i try my best as i can, and mistakes are just that. very little makes me mad at others...but when the ball seems to be always forced in illogical ways, and against my team, then i get annoyed.

oh, and losing is no issue, i don't care. but i really don't like losing without at least one score for our team :o

KnaveSkye
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by KnaveSkye » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:26 pm

lol, yah...its pretty easy to get distracted and make a mistake, but its also pretty obvios when thats the case....its when i get bumped by the same person multiple times a map that i start to get annoyed. Hmm(looks at calander) 28th...7 more days til i get home(8 if you count the fact i have to go back in tim a whole day) you guys will probably see me on the 4th(if wifes parents are still around) if not then the 5th(wife has school) so be watching, and there is no shame in going to another server for CB if the majority doesnt want to play, I know me and zombie..sloppy, m3rc...a few others have gone to some of the other servers with a large map list and played there....that way you get as much carball as you like without invasion, and its pretty rare that anyone else joins in, and its pretty obvious when its an ELITE baller. Not to mention its still the thrill of playign against people you know. Not sure if you got skype Drae, or a Mic...cant recall you ever talking....but might be worth looking into if you dont, and might be worth sending me if you do :wave:
"Never argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

"When all else fails, use fire"

draegohn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by draegohn » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:16 am

hmm, would you mind telling me some cb servers? i am not even sure how to join them since the invasion server seeking list doesn't seem to have an option for looking up carball i think.

i have a mic and i voice chat a few times a day for brief periods on second life with friends. i heard trying to chat on this invasion server needs some special settings i am not sure of and i have heard others having difficulty, so this is why noone has hard me ever speak here. nard asked me about skype stuff, but i worry about not having anything to really talk about. and admittably, i go into sexual mode at times by saying stuff or things i like and such <,,< no, not phone sex! i mean, just talking about it :P one day if i ever learn what one needs to do to get it working, one day you and others may hear me speak :}

General-Chainz
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by General-Chainz » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:30 am

go here and download the latest version

http://carball.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2029

this will add the carball button in your ut2004 internet search bar and the rest of the carball componets
Fool I'm a Vet You can bet That
I can Dance Underwater
And Not Get Wet ......Ice Cube

the velocity of my creativity is a reality in the proximity of the
vicinity relatively
to the Stability from the tranquility it all comes naturally F*** doin
it properly .....General-Chainz

And the Generals gave thanks...to the other Ranks....as they held back the enemy Tanks....for awhile ....Roger Waters

Ortega
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Ortega » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:18 pm

I was working of doing flips and shooting pocket rockets. I got pretty good at jumping over people with a boost and flipping upside down and hitting the ball with the rocket. I would be on the lower ladder on the game now I think. I hate to lose on Carball and its fun when you get 2-3 player of same stature going against eachother. That is one thing I miss about the server but I tried to vote it and everyone just starting yelling about no carball and I said forget it and went on to play BF. Haven't been back since.
Later all!

TheMadDJ
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by TheMadDJ » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:01 pm

draegohn wrote:i heard trying to chat on this invasion server needs some special settings
Nope. Just need to make sure that UT picks up your mic. I didn't have to edit anything.

KnaveSkye
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by KnaveSkye » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:11 pm

Drae, dont worry about having much to say...few of us have meaningful converstations in the middle of Carball....its the banter and heckling that becomes kinad fun when everyone playing is on an open mic. I think the only thing to do for UT2004 chat is to set a chat key to hold down when you talk, skype doesnt even have to be keyed...once you connect its more akin to holding a phone. Like general said, if you download the carball mod, you will have a tab for carball when you search. Up to you though, catch yall later :wave:
"Never argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

"When all else fails, use fire"

TheMadDJ
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by TheMadDJ » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:47 pm

Might want to add that it depends on what install of CB you use. UMOD version's ok, but if your a cheapstake like me and got the zip version, you'll need to add a few lines to the UT2004.ini file.
Paths=../CBall/Animations/*.ukx
Paths=../CBall/Maps/*.ut2
Paths=../CBall/Textures/*.utx
Paths=../CBall/StaticMeshes/*.usx
Paths=../CBall/Sounds/*.uax

draegohn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by draegohn » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:40 pm

thanks to chainzy, i did download the CB stuff. i tried some stuff alone, but damn, for instant action matches, the bots have no idea what to do but ram same team members most of the time :P

i still don't see an internet server search for carball. i do see vehicle ctf, which i think i never saw before o,,o

i will give the mic a try tonight or tomorrow. i will most likely respond when someone calls me hacker by saying, "censored you, shutup, tired of this shit accyusations and i am gonna hack your ass with a censored of razor blades if you keep it up!" >,,<

nah, i probably won't say that, but i sometimes want to -..-

anyhow, yessy, it is funto play the racing things for instant action at least n..n

General-Chainz
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by General-Chainz » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:44 am

The Cb search option for me is at the top of the internet search list. I dint know that for awhile it likes to hide lol

yes the Bot CB'ers are jus so smart sumtimes its funny jus to watch em try to move
Fool I'm a Vet You can bet That
I can Dance Underwater
And Not Get Wet ......Ice Cube

the velocity of my creativity is a reality in the proximity of the
vicinity relatively
to the Stability from the tranquility it all comes naturally F*** doin
it properly .....General-Chainz

And the Generals gave thanks...to the other Ranks....as they held back the enemy Tanks....for awhile ....Roger Waters

Return to “Monster Madness Strategy Guide”