Beta patch

Talk about Unreal Tournament 3 with your fellow team mates from Gaming Madness that also play UT3.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Corporal
Corporal

Post by 1800 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:48 am

dont get me wrong, i am a Ut fanboi for sure, but i think that releasing a patch is a good thing, AND a bad thing. sure it fixed the online browser for servers, but you have to wonder...is Midway getting so lazy that they have to have people "tell" them how to update their browser and so forth. it seems to me that better testing of the game before its release should have been in order. i believe that they just forced the game on to the shelf regardless of what it was going to do because they knew they had put its release off for so long and were starting to loose grip with the UT fans...just a thought
"People who put stupid quotes or phrases for a signature that are supposed to mean something very esoteric really f@#!ing piss me off."

Mr_N_Pants
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mr_N_Pants » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:47 am

I agree. That's why I commented about the possibility of "dual track" development of the retail bling and the patch.

Ortega
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Ortega » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:29 am

If you don't install the patch you will only affect yourselves. games are so high driven that computers hardware should be patched when the release comes out. So many game max your computers out and then companies try to find errors and TRY to fix them. If you have vista then you will want to keep a eye on Hotfixes also.
Also when the create the games they test this and that but Everything works on the system they test. We all don't run that system. Many games are not test in 64 bit. or with 4 gigs or ram. EA messed up with memory because BF 2142 was giving memory.dll errors because the game was tested and if you maxed the Graphics out and had 4 gigs you might get a memory error. I'm sure some people are going to get .dll errors just from UT 3
Later all!

Return to “UT3”