New map for you guys..

This is the place to post requests for new maps that you would like to play on the server.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Re: New map for you guys..

Post by Amy Infless » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:54 am

sorry saw this to late, but here is i think what you need to know

DM-RF-Dm19-High-Rise.ut2

this map is one of the newest on server, it has tons of glas walls and ceilings you can shoot and then go through, before that
they block your way, it also has custom pickups and sounds for ammo and the "you are temporary invulnerable"-green-eye-shaped pickup that turns your skin into a shiny metallic-green "something", that looks like the reflecting monsters,
or if you know how it looked in ut99 when you picked supershield, your complete skin changed into that too, just with gold
instead of green colour.

(animated gif !!!)

when i first saw that "effect" it was like wtf is going on here. if that shield effect can be copied or also changed in colours
i would really like to see it. (since we "only" have regular skins (for a reason) at least that temporary "skin-changing" thing
adds some new look... hmm.. a super-mega-health-pickup that gives you 5000healtpoints and turns your skin into metallic blue, when picking up that invulnerable shield too, skin changes into metallic red instead of metallic green when you only pick
the invulnerable shield. but i guess im talking tooo much about eye-candy right now..

...oh i just saw some screenshots, forgot i made them, it also has some special "sky"-thing, dunno how that works but it lookd like if you shoot in the sky or hit a trigger somewhere, the sky changed!!!)

about map sizes, "size" like in "i need 1 hour to download it" or "we need allways 1 hour to find last monster"...

that high rise map is huge in size to download it, only negative thing i can say about the "map" is, its not "ONE"
file, sounds, meshes, textures etc are extra files, if i remember right.

people like to play all kind of maps every now and then, even the oversized maps where you play as "mouse",
like the poolbillard aand kitchen-maps. i wish some of the very old maps would came back, but they are all SSR-maps,
and to be honest, these "huge" maps without ssrs not really fun to play, when you watch flak-fire need 30secs from one end to other end of map..

anyways, about your problem, hope that high rise map can help you with that and is "spy-able" and not password-blocked
like mystiques maps...

ats
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

Return to “Map Requests”