NEW SERVER PATCH v1.80 - Jan 2012 NEWS

Check here for server status and maintenance.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

joeyz
BF2 & UT2004 Server Founder

NEW SERVER PATCH v1.80 - Jan 2012 NEWS

Post by joeyz » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi friends, since I am back, since so many of you are still playing UT 2004 Monster Madness Invasion. As you know, I had a daughter and a new job that pulled me away from further developing and gaming.

Now down to some serious mod business...

As you know, i left off on server patch 1.80 and now I am picking it back up.

What is v180?: Well, it was where i left off with with fixes and upgrades. Patch 1.80 is supposed to be everything that you see in v179 plus fixes and new add ons. So if you saw big changes on the TEST SERVER, do not be alarmed, what you see on the test server is only to test individual items, new ideas, etc. So far, people have reported that the test server has minimum lag. This is good news and will get better when the patch is actually done. The lag is reduced because of new bot AI and the way I am having monster projectiles not effect another monster if it gets hit. Also, I am precaching almost everything during game load so monster textures and meshes are not loaded in memory when they spawn.

Gaming Basics: I know I was gone for a long time but now I am back. It was good that I took a break away from UT2004 for I see many problems that were not intentional. What do I mean? Well I haven't played in a long time, so I joined the server, and had holy hell in trying to kill the brute monster with a standard weapon (Mp5, FLAK, etc). Even though i had a WOP FLAK with Damage 5, Force 5, and RPG Weapon Speed 500, Damage 500, it took about 5-10 min to kill the damn thing with dozens and dozens of shots. This is not suppose to be and it makes the standard weapons and RPG abilities useless which is why everyone wants a wand. This isn't suppose to a wand server, LOL. I also noticed, even the wand requires 2 to 3 hits on some monsters. I will change this asap. Wands are great but you should be able to kill almost all monsters with a WOP FLAK CANNON, with Force 5, Damage 5 and other power ups. If i don't change this, then the wops, rpg abilities, and powerups are useless to the game and no one will use them. Monsters should adjust their health according to player levels and be challenging; when a player advances in level, monsters should do the same. Right now, seems that's not happening and monsters are totally godlike. I am also reducing wave timers so a game does goes beyond 20 min, not an hour. The only wave that will be a long one is the last wave, which it should be. Reducing wave time allows you guys to play more maps.

BattleField 2 Integration:

- you now have a leveling system AND a rank system.
- working on the role abilities in RPG: Engineer, Medic, Special Forces, Support, Commander, etc. Would like to hear ideas on what to buy and what should be included in the role.

Monsters: On the server (v179), we currently have a total of 189 monsters in the game. TIme to change and spice it up a bit and add 45 new monsters. :)

- Adding 25 Dinosaurs. Thanks to Shaun Goeppinger and his remarkable talented work of developing models, animations, and scripts, I will be adding his monsters and program them to give you a new greater challenge. You think titans, Queens, etc gave you hell, I am programming these new monsters to give you a serious fight and they can fire all kinds of weapons (example: the largest long neck dino spits little lady projectiles, etc.). You can go here and view his work and the new monster types that I will be adding: http://www.unreal.shaungoeppinger.com/mondinotopia.html

- Adding 8 Dragons. Yes dragons! Yet another one of Shaun Goeppinger's creation. Aerial attacks need spicing in the game, besides gasbags and warlords. These new dragons are 5 times the size of warlords and will be dangerous to you in the game; you can check them out here: http://www.unreal.shaungoeppinger.com/m ... agons.html

Fire Dragon: This dragons main attack is a fire ball.
Ice Dragon: This dragons main attack is a ball of ice.
Nature Dragon: This dragon fires a ball of nature which grows plants on impact.
Electric Dragon: This dragon can fire a bolt of electricity.
Beam Dragon: This dragon can fire beams of pure energy.
Ion Dragon: This dragon fires one big beam of ion plasma.
Wind Dragon: This dragon fires powerful wind energy.
Earth Dragon: This dragons main attack is a rock.

Adding Barnacle: Yet another cool development by Shaun Goeppinger. The barnacle monster has a long tongue that hangs down. Players that run into this will get caught and start to be pulled up into the Barnacles mouth where they will be eaten. The Barnacle can be configured to eat other monsters and even some projectiles such as Bio globs, Redeemers, Shock Balls, Spider Mines, Sticky Grenades and Translocator beacons. http://www.unreal.shaungoeppinger.com/m ... nacle.html

About Shaun Goeppinger: This guy is awesome and probably one of the best developers still around like mysterial and satore who made RPG invasion what it is today. I am getting in touch with Shaun to meet him and see we can join forces share ideas/code in developing great stuff for invasion.

Adding 20 Half Life Monsters: by .:..: and Ducatisto

Adding Vaptor's Monsters: Thanks to Vaptor, another brilliant UT developer and the devloper of sentinels, he has created these mean dogs, that bite growl and bark. Just wait until you see a wave of these dogs attack the team. You can run but you cant hide from the dogs. There also a few other monsters he has contributed to the game.

Adding Golem: a kickass monster like the grinder.

New Bot AI: Again, thanks to Vaptor (joe), he has done great work in fixing and improving the monster bot AI. Remember how a monster falls through a glitch in the map and game has to stop so we can find monster? well, those days are soon over. Vaptor has programmed the monsters so if it cannot reach an enemy human is x amount of seconds, to respawn at another location. if not, it commits suicide. If testing fails, then we can add another piece of code CheckLocation(), if outside map, suicide monster or respawn location which places it back on map (in game).
Flak of Power +10 [Powerups: 3 Sturdy, 2 infs, 1 Healing, 1 Vorpal, 1 Lucky, 1 Poison 5x, 1 Protection 5x, 1 Retaliation x5, 1 Retention, 1 Super Force, 2 Speed 5x, 2 Damage 5x, 2 Energy 5x, 1 Penetrating, 1 Razorbomb]

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Re: NEW SERVER PATCH v1.80 - Jan 2012 NEWS

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:06 pm

I have also added a few new items too. I have modded two new RPG abilities that are just like ultima, except they spawn the nukebomb and the vortex ;). I also have modded the XM8 with an actual projectile fire class and the alt fire is something truly exciting ;)
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

Return to “Server News”