Server redirect down - placed a call to joeyz

Check here for server status and maintenance.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Re: Server redirect down - placed a call to joeyz

Post by Amy Infless » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:39 am

BaronVonRotterdam wrote:....I explained however that only a minority of people who downloaded the cache files are playing the server so every moment it is down has a greater impact on most of the people....
i wouldnt say minority in that case (psshhht joey dont need to know that ;-) ) but if you look at average how many players are there daily, its mostly 3-7, depending on what time you look at it..

so, the average amount of players who downloaded the mappacks is ca. 7 players, so in that case it was a success leading some of them here. anyways, some are still to lazy, others play maps that i havent put into mappacks yet...

some learned from when it happend 2013, and changed cache purging settings or using ut-cache-extractors.
i think except from some "old" alltimeplayers we have like 20-30 new players in last year who play at least on one or two days per
week, and the complainings about downloading from redirect needs ages went more or less down to zero.

they learnt to deal with it same as with the most famous server feature: "lag..." ;)

it still hurts when server now is offline, but im sure the longer the server needs to be fixed,
the more players will look at it when its running again and play a bit more in next time cause
this server is still like a drug, we addicted wanna playyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

ok, just a suggestion, sure the server is unique, but i think "you" should look into server.ini or w/e its called
and enable the server-messages (the white announcements many server have every x minutes to show rules,
tell them to visit homepage or w/e.
i dont mean to spam it, just like 1-2 times per map.

if you ask players for hompepage name its like 99% dont know it,
even when it appears every time you connect in center of your screen...
so i think it wouldnt hurt to have a bit more advertising about the existence of this forum...!

ats
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Re: Server redirect down - placed a call to joeyz

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:19 pm

Redirect and Server are back up
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

Return to “Server News”