What I need from you

Check here for server status and maintenance.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

What I need from you

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:10 pm

Hey Guys,

As you heard from Anni, I will not be available until June as I am finishing this semester of College and then heading to Florida for two weeks. During this time please keep an eye out for bugs. I've already seen that One Man Army seems to prevent the crate from being opened. I've also heard some suggestions for MMRPG. Please keep these coming. While I'm away make bugs in the bugs section or someone keep a running list of all bugs and suggestions for all of the new additions. When I get back I want to release an update to MMRPG with your suggestions of what you like and what you want to see changed. I also want to start to fix some of the bugs we've been seeing.

-Baron
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Re: What I need from you

Post by Amy Infless » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:30 pm

found some new "things", just collecting that stuff and do the report later, now too tired.

as for crate cant be opend by players who have one man army i personally like that "bug",
i mean, sure its crap when noone or only low levels who die fast are there who can open
crate. but, i mean, where are all the handycaps?
one man army gives you very often rejuv weps and only positive others, classes gives you
superweapons, commander boosting players with health and doubledams, its like we are close
to never loose anymore.. so that way the question is, do we need the crate?

but thats not to be discussed here...

good luck at "school" and happy holidays after that, i guess.

well, you sure server can run "alone" for 3 month? i´m referring to your post
some weeks ago when server was down for 1-2 days, i wasnt here, missed it and
read to late.

so, all ok???

ats
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:41 pm

I won't be unreachable for two months, but I don't have any time to spend on UT until this semester is over. I'll be back on June 1st and will be able to release code fixes. Maybe I'll have some time in the next month, but I'm not really sure. But in the mean time like I said before if you guys can make a list of bugs and desired changes/feedback then that will make development faster when I return. I'm glad to see that the server's rank is getting better so things must not be that bad which is good.
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Sun May 03, 2015 11:32 pm

Hey Guys,

I made some changes tonight based off of your feedback:

I removed Nyan gun from Crate and from Obama due to it causing lag and seizures. Obama now has the laser gun like darth vader.

I increased the assassin QD and Globe from 10 seconds to 30 seconds

I increased the health of the Engineer Box, the Defense wall, bunker wall, and the bunker to 2500 health.

I made just2frag an admin.

If I forgot anything then let me know and I'll try to make changes again soon.

-Baron

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:24 pm

Alright I'm back. I'll start making changes within the next week or so.

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:13 pm

wb and thanks for fixing forum again.

ats
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:09 pm

I ended up starting a new server for a new game and I have been busy nurturing it. I plan on continuing work on UT, however donations are coming in from ARK which are helping to keep the server up and running. On the other hand, the UT2004 community isn't donating at all. So at the moment my time is being spent nurturing ARK since it is helping to ensure the server stays running.

Rumple
Private
Private

Post by Rumple » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:32 am

The ONLY real issue I have is that I still miss GHOST...but I have been more aware of when the Resurrection has happened. MAYBE I would like it more if the "You have been resurrected" message stayed on as long as you are protected, and if it was flashing, it would be great...maybe even a timer could pop up and tell us how long we have to run.

As for One Man Army not being able to open the crate, I am absolutely fine with that, and even happier that it does not usually give me weps that are overly shitty, like slowfoots. Slowfoot weps should be banned altogether, as they really mess-up movement.

The "Bunkers" that are currently being used...they suck ass in a major way. The last bunkers we had did not float off the ground, and when you activated it, you were protected INSIDE, not underneath where you often get trapped if you dont leave a trans far away from it. I would seriously consider going back to the other style. Too many newbs, like Taxas, are finding this out the hard way.

Other than that, it's awesome!

Return to “Server News”