BigRabidSquirrel - Possible Hacker

Have you gotten your ass kicked more often than usual? Do you think, strike that, KNOW that a player in game is a hacker? Post any proof you may have here. We accept YouTube videos of 3rd person camera gameplay primarily.
=SG= The_Man_13
BF2 Server Admin
BF2 Server Admin

Re: BigRabidSquirrel - Possible Hacker

Post by =SG= The_Man_13 » Sat May 21, 2011 3:35 pm

I have no idea how or why this post provoked the initial responses it did.

Although, regardless that I made no mention of, two responders referred to screen shots, videos and/or bans from other servers.

These statements seem even odder given the fact that the global bans being streamed to your server are unquestionably based on exactly that: screen shots, videos and/or bans from other servers.

May be I should not take it personnally. I was just trying to help out by posting info on a watch list and was flamed or at best came across as unwelcomed. I by no means expected or demanded this individual be banned simply from the info I had provided.

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: BigRabidSquirrel - Possible Hacker

Post by ZombieSlayer » Sat May 21, 2011 6:14 pm

=SG= The_Man_13 wrote:I have no idea how or why this post provoked the initial responses it did.

Although, regardless that I made no mention of, two responders referred to screen shots, videos and/or bans from other servers.
You said in the initial post:
=SG= The_Man_13 wrote:I have seen BigRabidSquirrel (2f5d7c6a) play in the server a few times now, yet I cannot find any screen shots.

Which led us to speculate that you went hunting for evidence of this guy hacking so you could post it here and we would ban them. That is what led me to mention that evidence from others servers will not be enough to warrant a banning.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

Return to “Vigilante HQ”