Player Maps

This is the place to go if you need help creating a map.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

FragFodder
BANNED
BANNED

Player Maps

Post by FragFodder » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:08 am

Thought I'd start a topic for comments and suggestions about any of the new maps done by some of our very own players.

It's all about feedback...so post what you like...don't like...would like to see added...or simply cool ideas that pop into your head that you'd like to see implemented in any of the maps.

Just off the top of my head...

I think kudos need to go out to Paintball for all of his hard work revising his map. The final version with the moving bunker portals and working coms are a true testament to all of the time and effort that he put into refining his original idea. And the music is the type that you'll find yourself humming for weeks. Tequilla...!

A recent addition to the player maps that I had the pleasure of playing just tonight is Nard's map (sorry can't remember all the map names...it's past midnight here). It was visually just really interesting to play...lots of things to look at and nice balance between big rooms, corridors, and smaller rooms.

Textures were really nice and even looked great on my computer which is at the lowest graphic settings. There were so many visual surprises to look at, that it never got boring for me like some other maps sometimes become.

Also, the monster spawn points and paths seemed to work really well. Monsters "wandered" about naturally and were spread out throughout the map. No hiding out in a room and going AFK to take a quick leak on this map. :D

Only thing I could think of to perhaps put it over the top is maybe secret rooms (i'm partial to secret rooms)...oh yeah..and maybe some Boobies...yes...definitely some Boobies would be a good addition. :wink:

All in all I'd have to give both maps "4 Paws" up for enjoyment and playability.

Keep up the good work guys.

Nard
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nard » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:25 pm

Thanks Frag. Ill be working on some new ones for you guys :)
Signature by [IX]AnnaBeaver

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:13 pm

thanks a ton for the feed back frag im happy you like my map :).Sorry i replied so late I was at Skirmish's D-Day game (now called the invasion of normandy because of stupid copy rights) and omg that game gets bigger and bigger each year. This year they capped the game off at 4000 players!!!!!! if only you could imagine the paint flying in the air omg. Well needless to say the paintball suppliers made made over $300,000 just in paint. Man the game was unbelievable the 4000 players is a new world (well paintball history) record for the most players on a weekend event. If you want to check out a little bit of last years D-Day (was in that mess somewhere lol) the here is the link:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1402339373

this was last years game, in case you guys didnt know the guys in the field behind the bunkers were the allies and they were shooting at the dirty nazi bastards in the woods. Man just watching the video you have no idea the feeling of when the refs drop the boat doors and you have to run out and find cover before you get shot the hell out of.
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

Young_Maylay
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Young_Maylay » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:01 pm

i would make 1 but if u teach me i mite forget jk im willing to learn sumthin new
I ma gangsta best believe dat, bull**** wit me and i'll shot ya wit the gat;best believe i stay strapped all da time,even when i'm spittin my rhymes.I STAY STRAPPED!!!!!!!!!!!

DeathBringer
Corporal
Corporal

Post by DeathBringer » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:36 am

mayaly i could teach you what i know!

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:54 pm

cough cough what I tought Phil :P
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

Nard
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nard » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:06 pm

cough cough..What spar and drew tought you :P

homos
Signature by [IX]AnnaBeaver

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:23 pm

wow nard. And yes what spar and drew taught me. What I was saying was They helped me and I helped phil. And me and phil helped virus and we helped you its a never ending cycle!

virussick
Corporal
Corporal

Post by virussick » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:39 pm

true true
Beer - The reason I wake up every afternoon.

Young_Maylay
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Young_Maylay » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:55 pm

so is sum 1 goin to teach me cuz im bout to hav 2nd thoughts bout makin 1
I ma gangsta best believe dat, bull**** wit me and i'll shot ya wit the gat;best believe i stay strapped all da time,even when i'm spittin my rhymes.I STAY STRAPPED!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Map Development”